Meteor Shower!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's supposed to be a spectacular one tomorrow night and Friday night!
I myself intend on watching it (assuming it's not cloudy!): I just love stuff like that!

Just an FYI for anyone who's interested..

~KK~

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed the last one, but saw many meteors the two nights preceding it. I usually see at least one on a normal night -if I look up.

Chance of snow here Friday, so I doubt I'll even go outside that evening.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh...I remember the one this time last year, and it was beautiful...until the clouds moved in but we got a good hour of viewing. Tomorrow and this weekend is supposed to be nasty here too, but I'll be looking. Thanks for the reminder.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll definitely be watching it. I was out camping during the last one and I was with a couple of my cousins, one of which is and astrology major so it was pretty interesting. We saw the International Space Station fly by too. It was traveling at about 18500 miles per hour!! It crossed the sky in less than 3 minutes. It was quite the site to see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only been able to see one good one so far, but it was back when I was living in Wisconsin and in the wintertime. I didn't stay out to watch it for very long, b/c it was too darn cold!

I almost got to see the Northern lights on two separate occasions, too. The first time was when my mom & I were moving from Utah back to Wisconsin, but I missed it b/c I fell asleep in the car, and she didn't wake me up. MOthers!
The second time I didn't hear about it till it was too late: by the time I did hear about it, it was almost done.
I'd really love to see one of those some day, too!

I don't think I'll have much luck with this one, either. I think it's supposed to be cloudy with a chance of rain..
But I'm sure gonna give it a try!

~KK~

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I almost got to see the Northern lights on two separate occasions, too. The first time was when my mom & I were moving from Utah back to Wisconsin, but I missed it b/c I fell asleep in the car, and she didn't wake me up. MOthers!
The second time I didn't hear about it till it was too late: by the time I did hear about it, it was almost done.
I'd really love to see one of those some day, too!
You'll have to go north for that.

I saw it once here in Oklahoma, and it wasn't the pretty shimmering ribbons of light. It was a patch of red in the sky.
While living in Michigan I was able to see it a few times. Once it was green and the other times it was white/silver.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was cloudy during the last one so I didn't get to see it. It's supposed to be cloudy tonight but clear tomorrow night. I hope I get to see it this time!

pikate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad I saw this! It would've completely slipped my mind. I'll have to make arrangements to get out of the city tomorrow night if it's not too cloudy

My family has a cabin in northern Michigan where I've spent many nights watching the stars from the dock; on a calm clear night, there's nothing in the world that compares. I've been lucky enough to see several amazing displays of the northern lights there, as well. I wish I could be up there for Geminids!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You'll have to go north for that.

I saw it once here in Oklahoma, and it wasn't the pretty shimmering ribbons of light. It was a patch of red in the sky.
While living in Michigan I was able to see it a few times. Once it was green and the other times it was white/silver.
I live in Michigan and got to see them once! It was the silvery white ones! Pretty cool non the less! Anyone know when they will be able to be seen in MI again?