What is it called?....

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When your age is the same as your birthday? For example, in 2 weeks, on the 26th, I will be turning 26. Is there a special name for that?

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

When your age is the same as your birthday? For example, in 2 weeks, on the 26th, I will be turning 26. Is there a special name for that?
Don't know of a name for it, but it means that this is the year you have to do something you never thought you would do--something fun. When I turned 25 on the 25th (about a hundred years ago), I went to Paris with my two girlfriends for 7 days and had a blast.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poop, my 15th on the 15th was almost 9 years ago *sighs*

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mezlo

I don't even remember turning 9 on the 9th.
I turned 9 on the 9th too.
I do remember mine, I fell and broke my arm in 2 places...needless to say it wasn't my favorite Birthday!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's called a "once in a lifetime birthday"
. Just kidding, it should be a special year though. I turned 16 on the 16th, and I did get my first boyfriend that year. Of course, he ended up being an jerk, but that's besides the point. A golden birthday sounds good too.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mezlo

I don't even remember turning 9 on the 9th.
I was 8 on the 8th and I frankly don't remember it...there may have been a "my little pony" involved...

So now my choices are to wait for my 88th (b-day is 8/8)?

or maybe next year when it's 08-08-08?

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THE GOLDEN BIRTHDAYTM CELEBRATION
The Golden Birthday Celebration was conceived by Joan Bramsch in recognition of that special birthday for each of her five children. The idea occurred to her when she was expecting her first child

The Golden Birthday only comes once in a person's lifetime, when the person is the same age as her/his birth day. For example: Joan's Golden Birthday was the year she was 25 years old on the 25th of February.
Over the last half Century the tradition of the Golden BirthdayTM Celebration has spread across the land and around the planet to friends and relations, as well as Internet visitors--parents, high school and college students, and young adults, eager to create a lasting memory for a loved one's Once In A Lifetime birthday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did a wikipedia search and it IS called your golden birthday, also it's called your champagne birthday. I like the 2nd one better, champagne is definitely in order!

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is your golden birthday. Mine was a LOOOOOOOONG time ago, I turned 5 on the 5th. My parents made a huge deal of it and threw me a really big party.