Can we get some vibes please?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John's grandmother (who lives with us), is in the hospital right now. She has to have surgery on her feet, and she has been in the hospital since Monday night. It's a pretty minor surgery, but I'm still worried about her a lot. The thing is, she has Alzheimer's and dementia. I know she's scared in the hospital and doesn't understand what's going on. So if you could all spare some extra vibes for her, it would be greatly appreciated!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww we hope Johns grandmother will be okay

There are plenty of vibes to go around for her! Tons of For everything to go well!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gathering all the good vibes I can and sending them to John's grandmother.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's & dementia, too (she passed away in August), so I know how you feel. It's not any fun for the person who's suffering with it, nor is it easy on their family members.

I hope she'll be okay! More good vibes & blessings coming your way.

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the vibes. We got a call late last night that she was going downhill fast and someone needed to get to the hospital immediately. John's mom and grandpa went, and I didn't hear anything until just a few minutes ago. Her oxygen levels had dropped and the hospital didn't think she'd make it much longer. They got her back where she should be, and she is doing okay for now.

But unfortunately, on doctor's orders, she will have to go to the nursing home for 2 weeks before she can come home. They're supposed to be moving her out there today. John's grandpa just said a few minutes ago that he thinks she'll be very lucky if she makes it to the end of this year.

I'm just so sad for everyone. It's going to be so hard on John if something happens to her. Her Alzheimers and dementia have been very hard on him because she doesn't know him anymore. They used to be really close. I'm also sad that I've never gotten to actually meet the person that she really is. When I met John, she was already starting to not do so well. She could still have a conversation, but she was starting to forget who everyone was. From what I've heard of her, she was such a wonderful lady before she got sick and I just wish I could have met her then.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

For health improve of his Grand mother....

pikate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I'm sending lots of good vibes to you all

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma!

Can I ask why if she is that sick that they are doing foot surgery on her?
She developed some sores on her feet and they had to be taken care of before infection set in. It wasn't technically "surgery" I suppose, but the skin had to be scraped off to clean up her feet.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear the news. Sending lots of vibes for your family. I know it's tough, I went through this 5 years ago with my Nana.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep those vibes coming. John just told me that he got a call... "You need to come up if you want to see her one more time." He doesn't want to go because he just can't handle it. Please send vibes for his grandma as well as the entire family. It's so hard on everyone, even though we've been preparing for this time for awhile.