I just need to get this out...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm SICK of being a responsible adult! We just got the e-mail notifications about our bonus. All I want to do is run out to the mall, go to the most expensive shop, and buy shoes. I want pink ones that sparkle.

However, my wonderful husband said, "Sweetie, we need to set at least half of that aside in our savings, then take the other half and do the rest of our Christmas shopping. Remember, we aren't putting anything on our credit card this year, so we are going to have to do everything else in cash."

Why oh why do I have to listen to him? Why can't I get pink sparkle shoes that cost $1200.00!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh c'mon.....there's got to be $20 in there for pink sparkle shoes somewhere!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Heather were you serious on wanting to spend that much on shoes?
Oh yes... I could spend that much on shoes in a heart beat. The thing is that I would never wear them. They'd just sit there and look nice.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because you need a house, food and pay bills first - the left over money goes towards more "wants". The needs have to come first.

Pink sparkle shoes are NOT needs - they are only wants - you can live without them

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Because you need a house, food and pay bills first - the left over money goes towards more "wants". The needs have to come first.

Pink sparkle shoes are NOT needs - they are only wants - you can live without them
I know.... ::::grumble::::

Why do you have to sound exactly like my husband?

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a shoe lover who'se tired of being a responsible adult too! So I completely know where you're coming from in wanting your sparkly pink shoes. I'm lusting after several pairs of Betsey Johnson's right now. But, unfortunately your DH is right.... needs before wants. I know it sucks, but the reality of it is that we are adults and we have bills to pay

But, wouldn't it be nice, just once, to find the shoes you're wanting tucked under the Christmas tree?! (Especially if there was a new bag there too!) Well, at least we can dream.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get a picture of the pink sparkle shoes if you weren't planning on wearing them anyway!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

You can get a picture of the pink sparkle shoes if you weren't planning on wearing them anyway!
I did that with the Hello Kitty crystal necklace that I've always wanted. I think that ran about $3000.00.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lol... Your hubby is right.... and maybe payless has some under 50$ pink sparkle shoes

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not wait until after christmas and buy yourself a pair of pink sparkly shoes that dont cost so much? Plus if you spend that much like you said, you'll be afraid to wear them because you dont want them to get messed up!
So get a cheaper pair. You might even want to search on Ebay for some knock offs of them!
Every girl needs something to indulge her self in on occasion! Just do it semi responsibly!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just tell your hubby that you didn't get a bonus after all, but someone gave you some really pretty pink, sparkly shoes!.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Just tell your hubby that you didn't get a bonus after all, but someone gave you some really pretty pink, sparkly shoes!.
Hey... you've got it. My bonus could have gotten "misrouted" to the shoe store.