Kitties with your avatar? - New cat pages feature

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel free to move this, im not sure where it should go.

I just noticed in one of the threads that alot of people have their kitten pictures next to their avatars! If i am assuming it is only for paying members..pleeeease tell me i'm wrong!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg!!! There's A New Feature!!!!!!!!

Yipeekayayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Wow, you're quick! I just added an announcement on all forums regarding the new feature

Have fun and feel free to post feedback in this thread or in the feedback forum - thanks!

kittee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*smile* I looked there, but that's just your post announcing it. At the top of the page when I click on the "Your Cats" tab, it does not pull down a drop down menu like the "Search" feature does or the "QuickLinks." Also clicking on "Your Cats" does nothing at all for me.

Should I clear my cookies for this page?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hmmmmm what kind of browser are you using? Have you tried clicking on the little triangle arrow there?

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittee

Yep, using the latest firefox.
I'm also a Firefox user and no problems here, so it can't be that.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hmmmm strange. I'm on FF as well with no issues. I'll ask Danny, our programmer to pop into this thread and see.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a question!! Will this new feature automatically resize a picture into a thumbnail or should we edit it to thumbnail size before uploading? This is going to be soooo cool!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The system will take whatever photo you upload to your cat page and make it thumbnail size to appear by your name in posts and in your profile. I am not 100% sure what the maximum size for pictures is. It is best to upload square photos so the thumbnail does not get distorted.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I have a question!! Will this new feature automatically resize a picture into a thumbnail or should we edit it to thumbnail size before uploading? This is going to be soooo cool!!!!
I had to play with the images too. Try to make the images a square (equal height/width). 248 x 248 looks pretty good.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW!
Way too cool!
I noticed it right away, when I was posting in another thread: I was thinking it was gonna be a new feature for paying members only.
I'm sure glad it's not!!

I'm sure I'LL have some problems with this new feature, being the illiterate computer dummy that I am!

~KK~

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just want to say the new "Your Cats" section is great! TCS needed a new feature like that! Love how you can add comments, add kitty friends, & how our cats appear next to our usernames
Awesome!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay - I knew I'd be the first one with a dummy question..

For the pic, do you have to upload it from your computer, or can you copy & paste them from Photobucket??
From what I can tell, it looks as if it has to be uploaded from your computer, and I'm worried about the size being too big..

~KK~

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Okay - I knew I'd be the first one with a dummy question..

For the pic, do you have to upload it from your computer, or can you copy & paste them from Photobucket??
From what I can tell, it looks as if it has to be uploaded from your computer, and I'm worried about the size being too big..

~KK~
Yes you upload from your computer. I can resize pictures for you if you like. Just PM me.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the new feature, even though Kitters is a little smooshed! She's still cute!!
I like knowing who's kittys belong to who now too when they are added as friends!

*********** Hey.... she's missing now!

She's back again!
I think she just keeps hiding!