Anyone ever bought a resume off of the internet?

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been looking into this but don't know who to go with. They are EXPENSIVE!!! I hate to spend $300 on something that I did a good job with myself. Have any of you gotten a resume off of the net?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of this, i'm confused, you buy someones resume? Or are you talking about buying templates to help you make your own resume?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago, before much was going on with the Internet (maybe 15+ years ago or so), I had a professional resume done. At that time, it was close to $300. I took in all kinds of information, jobs I had worked, awards I had received, professional organizations I belonged to, certifications I had, etc. I also took in several address for places I wished to send my resume (I planned to visit my sister in California, so was looking to set up interviews when I visited.) The company also wrote very professional cover letters to send with my resumes.

I was very happy with the results, and had 5 or 6 interviews and two job offers from them. Since that time, I have used that particular resume as a template for subsequent ones that I have done. If you can afford to have it done professionally, I'd say go for it. I felt like it was money well spent. I think that someone who does them as a profession will be able to come up with a way to make a weak resume look stronger, and a strong resume look beyond awesome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I've never heard of this, i'm confused, you buy someones resume? Or are you talking about buying templates to help you make your own resume?
You buy your own resume...Someone else writes your resume for you. My resume is ok, but I was looking something a little better.