Stay safe everyone...

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For everyone in the path of this storm. I am sending lots of stay safe vibes. Please, be cautious of rain turning to ice. This storm is horrible.

I am hoping all our members in Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and where ever else there are power outages are warm and safe.

I spoke to a friend today who is 1/2 hour north of KC and I could hear the tree branches breaking in the background when she went outside. Scary.
So far they still have power, but the worst of this storm is still projected to hit there.

Stay safe all!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in SE KS...and so far(knock on wood) we have just been getting rained on. But my brother and his wife and my grandparents live about 3 hrs from me, and they are in the path of the horrible ice storm!! They have lots of trees/limbs down and 1/2 the town w/o power.....

I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers at this time....

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter is in Norman. A powerline fell about 15 yards from her front door. The fire department sealed off both entrances to the complex, so no one could get in or out. A friend met her 2 blocks from the apt and took her to a place with power. And finals go on.

My mother has power in OKC. The power is out at my s-i-l's house, so they went over to my mother's. Unfortuately, my mother had not planned for 3 extra hungry bodies and food is running low. All of the meat and dairy has been tossed at the grocery stores. And most of the stores and eating places are closed due to lack of power.
Lots of trees down. Beautiful trees too.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

I spoke to a friend today who is 1/2 hour north of KC and I could hear the tree branches breaking in the background when she went outside.
I'm about 10 minutes west of Kansas City. They were predicting far worse conditions than what we have had today and certainly a lot better than the big ice storm that hit us in 2003. We've only lost power here twice today and both times it came back on quickly.

More ice tonight, but they've downgraded it to 1/10 of an inch, rather than the 1/2 inch they predicted earlier. It looks like we lucked through this storm in this part of the world.

I really didn't want to lose power.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been keeping an eye on the weather.com site. It looks bad but I hope it really isn't. Here's their interactive national map:
http://www.weather.com/weather/map/i.../?from=maproom

Hey, there was a program that I had on my old Sprint cell when I was in Florida that I used to track the storms on the radar. It was from Weather.com and it was really great. That helped during the hurricane season. I could easily tell when the bands were going to hit, where the eye was and what areas were in flood warnings. It was really useful for emergencies and when I could bike to work without getting caught in the rain but the darn thing cost me about $10 a month.