Hmmm what to do in Sydney

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have the rest of today, all tomorrow and most of Friday in Sydney and have no idea what to do. I've never seen Sydney as a tourist destination - just a place we have to go to every now and again to get boring things like visas done. DH is working, so I'm just pottering around and have no idea what there is to do in Sydney.

I'm going to go Googling around, but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I should also add that it's raining on and off all day and I believe will keep doing so for the rest of the week, and I only have public transport to get around....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I have the rest of today, all tomorrow and most of Friday in Sydney and have no idea what to do. I've never seen Sydney as a tourist destination - just a place we have to go to every now and again to get boring things like visas done. DH is working, so I'm just pottering around and have no idea what there is to do in Sydney.

I'm going to go Googling around, but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
Lets see: Shopping, Eating, taking a tour of the Opera House (take a sweater, it's cold there).

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Lets see: Shopping, Eating, taking a tour of the Opera House (take a sweater, it's cold there).
I'm not much of a shopper, I really don't need to eat any more than we already are (except for all the awesome Australian chocolate I miss
) and I was thinking about the Opera House on Friday! My aunt said it's a great tour.

I'm still feeling tired, maybe I'll just take a nap, then read a little more...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Go shopping at the local market for TimTams to mail to me!
Not enough chocolate in your hamper??

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Go shopping at the local market for TimTams to mail to me!
For lunch I had good ol' Aussie calamari and chips from the corner store, and washed it down with a Pasito (passionfruit drink), and also bought a Turkish Delight, Cherry Ripe and Bounty chocolate bar. There's so much more to Australian chocolate than Tim Tams!!!!
I can't wait to eat those over the next couple of days (if they last that long).