I miss it

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever seen those boxes of chocolate that has the days of December on it up until Christmas and each day you open up the little door for your chocolate? My mom used to get me one when I was a kid and I'd want to open up more than one a day. She'd always make me wait though. I think the piece of chocolate got bigger closer to Christmas day too. I miss getting those.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Advent calendars?

The ones i had looked like big flat boxes and the chocolates were the same size, but there'd be different pictures.

I was er...a little bit over zealous in that department, the chocolate didn't last till the 25th

oh well..i mean...the pieces were teeeeny!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Advent calendars?

The ones i had looked like big flat boxes and the chocolates were the same size, but there'd be different pictures.

I was er...a little bit over zealous in that department, the chocolate didn't last till the 25th

oh well..i mean...the pieces were teeeeny!
Yeah those are it. I remember the pictures now. I think my mom would let me have a couple in one day closer to Christmas.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw those the other day in the store, I was going to get one but I figured I'd just open all the doors at once & eat the chocolate

We used to get them when we were little too, me & my brothers would always fight over the chocolates

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try my hardest to not eat any for a week, and then at the end of the week I could have 7. It didn't work out though......

I still have them....
and so does my 44 year old dad!! Mine is a milky bar one this year, my favourite. I've opened up to door number 9. That means tomorrow I get two choccies!!! Yay. My son has already finished his. I found him in the bedroom with the whole thing ripped open

The cats have special cat ones with treats in.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Advent calendars, like I remember, are impossible to find!
I remember ones that were cardboard, you popped out a chocolate for each day. All I can find are ones that are $30+ & they're like wooden.
Not like I remember, at all!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I remember ones that were cardboard, you popped out a chocolate for each day. All I can find are ones that are $30+ & they're like wooden.
Go to WalMart, they have the cheaper ones, when I was home over Thanksgiving & at the WalMart where you are, they have them

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though the Advent Calendar originates from Germany, I'm surprised to see how many are popping up this year in Texas!
I even saw them at Lowe's of all places!

We still have the cloth one my mom bought while living in Germany and I'm sure she will hand that down to me when I finally move out. She always had some neat little toy or chocolate for each day.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Over here their like the equivilant to $2!!! of course its just a cardboard one. It does mean that you can just buy a new one when you've eaten them all!!

They're in EVERY supermarket and corner shop over here!! And there are hundereds of designs.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Over here their like the equivilant to $2!!! of course its just a cardboard one. It does mean that you can just buy a new one when you've eaten them all!!

They're in EVERY supermarket and corner shop over here!! And there are hundereds of designs.
That is true here! At least the cloths ones I can find almost anywhere, but the cardboard ones you throw away I think I've only see on the military base because they import a lot of German products. Which I am NOT complaining about!
I just wish I could buy it like I used to...

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pier 1 has them too. My husband is the store manager at our local Pier 1 and gets a discount so he is always bringing things like that. He brought 2 of those calanders home for our bigger 2 kids (ages 4 and 3) and they really look forward to opening a new door every night before bed.
Just think of it this way, if you buy one now you have a ton of doors to open (and chocolate to eat) to catch up to the date it already is.
Or you can wait until after Christmas and buy a bunch of them on clearance.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always got the cardboard ones. To me chocolate is chocolate. I don't care what it comes in.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So do you have ones with cat treats in over where-ever you are? We do here. A door for every day like usual, but a little kitty treat behind the door.

http://www.twenga.co.uk/offer/102763871.html
I don't know. I'll have to check at a pet store or something. I didn't even know they made them for pets.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So do you have ones with cat treats in over where-ever you are? We do here. A door for every day like usual, but a little kitty treat behind the door.

http://www.twenga.co.uk/offer/102763871.html
I don't know if we do, but I sure would like to find out. I would have to get 4 so each cat would have their own.