Looking into a ragdoll lookalike:)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WHat am I in for... Annie is 5 months and looks and acts like a ragdoll... ie lucious fur and the collape in my arm ... I am looking for a cat to curl up with mom yet be a playmate to Zoey my semi feral ( not worried about Zoey as she fell in with the bunny and kissed him
)

She is about 5-6 months and 7-8 lbs ... how BIG will she likely get /?? and other tips

this little gal was rescued from a shelter and then placed by a rescue and returned cause she was too much for the ten yr old dog... so I want to make sure it is the right fit ...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not positive on Ragdoll females - I know the males can go 15+ pounds. I've heard from some Ragdoll breeders the females tend to be average size - 9-11 lbs.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't really help since I've got a bengal, not a ragdoll but Nikita was 7-8lbs at 5-6 months and now at 2 years she's settled at 12 lbs.

Since she's a bengal her weight is mostly in dense packed muscle rather than size (i.e she's a lot heaver than she looks and she's built like a brick) so I don't know how that'd translate into a cat with a different bodytype.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's got the Ragdoll temperament, her size won't be a big issue--they tend towards the "gentle giant" type.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree, her size won't really be that big of a deal...with her flopping in your arms like that, she can get by with anything. Having a ragdoll myself, I of course say...go for it Sharky!
Don't you just love the feel of that fur?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Sharky - don't give it a second thought. Just take her and it will be just fine.
(You really didn't expect any of us to try to talk you out of it did you?).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Hey Sharky - don't give it a second thought. Just take her and it will be just fine.
(You really didn't expect any of us to try to talk you out of it did you?).
No .. I cant even ask yet since Annie is sick... I am unsure but she had /has a bad URI for the last month and is not up for adoption at this time

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And once you get her (you can't leave her!) make sure to post pics! We all want to see the pretty thing!

tia's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi: I breed ragdolls and they are certainly the gentle giants. Males can go 15 to 22 poounds and females 13 to 18 pounds. They are the gentlest cats you will ever meet with the greatest personality. I started by breeding Himalayans and acquired my first Ragdoll after meeting one at a breeders. They are the perfect pet. Enjoy her and don't worry about the size she will find a way to fit in your lap.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Holden is going to be HUGE. I did a lot more research on the breed and the gentle giant thing seems to be it. He has grown so fast, and shows no signs of stopping. I say go for it. I am glad I did! Their fur is the softest thing in the world!