Thanks to Max, my back is out this morning.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just about to step into the shower this morning - barely had one eye open, when SMASH CRASH in the livingroom and the kitties came SCRAMBLING for their lives running pell mell toward the kitchen.

So I shut off the water, put on my bathrobe, and went into the livingroom to see what the ruckus was, and there I found it:

My 18 year old, 4-foot tall braided ficus tree, the one I had just thoroughly watered two days earlier, was lying on the floor, out of its giant pot, and there was soaking wet potting soil and muddy water ALL OVER MY RUGS.
And Max was sitting in the midst of everything, looking extremely interested.
Ferris, of course, was peering into the livingroom from my office, looking terrified, poor boy.

I did the best I could to pick it all up and put the tree and the soil back into the pot, but there is still a big muddy mess on my floor - I didn't have time to clean it all properly, so I put a big bath towel over it to sop up the water, and then I picked up the tree to put it up on the plant table again.

That's when my already bad lower back went out on me, just two days before a big snow storm is due. Shoveling is going to be a huge problem for me, but with no help, I'm not going to have any choice. My back goes out every winter, and then I spend months wearing a back brace - getting old is NOT fun.

DRAT THAT CAT!

So here I sit at work with my lower back literally tweaking in pain, waiting for the IBs to kick in, and hoping and praying that the cats leave the towel on the floor alone so that I can give it a proper shot at cleaning up the mess tonight when I finally get home.

Yup. Living with a baby boy Bengal. I asked for it, I sure as heck got it!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww.. your poor back... and your poor tree.. and poor Ferris. I hope none of you are too scared from the trauma.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor ficus and poor Betsy!

Been waiting for my Aleve to kick in myself (back pain).

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor you and the kitties! I can totally relate because I had pulled a groin muscle about 2 months ago and stubborn me kept going back to my dancing classes. So, I went to salsa Sun. Then, yesterday, I was going downstairs to play with the cat with the new toy I got her. Two steps from the bottom, my left leg gave out, feel down and thencouldn't walk. Hubby had to help me up the rest of the stairs. I am in and out of bed today but my computer is right next to my bed. I love Butzie dearly, but there you go.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Max, if you would buy them kitties some real cat trees they wouldn't try and climb the real ones...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your back recovers soon, and Ferris isn't too traumatised! And you've just reminded me again why I will never never have a Bengal!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Poor Max, if you would buy them kitties some real cat trees they wouldn't try and climb the real ones...
What, FOUR isn't ENOUGH?!? And a play gym?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

What, FOUR isn't ENOUGH?!? And a play gym?

Come on, that's only one tree per cat, and a play gym they have to share!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww but mom.....he just wanted to see if he could leap off the tree and fly through the air like super kitty!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

This is his way of telling you that he wants a Bengal wheel for Christmas!

"Meowmy, if you get me a wheel.....I'll leave the tree alone!"
I'm saving, I'm saving!!!