Question of the Day - December 11th

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's one from babyharley!

What modern day convenience would you be willing to give up for the rest of your life?

this is a toughie. I'd probably say my cell phone...as long as I had a regular phone!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm good question. Most of the people I know think I am crazy because I don't have a microwave. So that is one I could definitely live without.
But since I don't have one anyway I guess that doesn't count.

I would have to say my cell phone or pager. To be honest I would love to throw my pager off a bridge somewhere most days so I definitely would not miss it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

this is a toughie. I'd probably say my cell phone...as long as I had a regular phone!
i say both
i hate the phone, cell phone, any type of phone.
Heck 90% of the time i wont answer mine even when it rings.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i say both
i hate the phone, cell phone, any type of phone.
Heck 90% of the time i wont answer mine even when it rings.
You sound like my DH.

I would probably give up my cell phone as well.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

My CD player because i can always watch the music channels
and on that note, I will say my DVD player because I can always watch on TV or pay per view.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cell phone, definitely. My mother had me on her cell phone plan so she could still bug me every day since I no longer live with her. But she cut my service yesterday because I hadn't talked to her in awhile. I don't miss the phone at all.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Dishwasher! I never use mine and perfer to wash dishes by hand.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd have to say cell phone. I haven't had one for almost 3 months due to low funds and I'm getting along just fine so far *knock on wood*

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dishwasher. We don't have one now and, truthfully, I think they are far too overrated and a waste of money.

Unless you have a lot of company over for a dinner or have a larger family where you would fill up the dishwasher once a day and clean everything, then you are wasting time/water, etc. by doing 1/2 load or waiting 2-3 days till its full.

If you have 2-3 people in the house, there is NO reason you need to be using a dishwasher - it can be done together as a family - wash, dry, put away

In fact, when I first moved to MN, we had 6 people in the house and no dishwasher - we had everyone pitch in to help with washing/drying, putting away and it worked out great

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I've already given it up: Cable TV.

You know, it's not that bad with out it.
That would be the one for me...I already gave that up a couple of years ago.

With what I have now, I would say the VCR. I do have alot of VHS movies but I also have a lot of DVD's too....

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Dishwasher. We don't have one now and, truthfully, I think they are far too overrated and a waste of money.

Unless you have a lot of company over for a dinner or have a larger family where you would fill up the dishwasher once a day and clean everything, then you are wasting time/water, etc. by doing 1/2 load or waiting 2-3 days till its full.

If you have 2-3 people in the house, there is NO reason you need to be using a dishwasher - it can be done together as a family - wash, dry, put away

In fact, when I first moved to MN, we had 6 people in the house and no dishwasher - we had everyone pitch in to help with washing/drying, putting away and it worked out great
That too.... Hubby does the dishes and he prefers to wash by hand. He does use the dishwasher as a giant rack for drying tho.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since we never had Cable TV since we moved here in 1987........