A touch screen media center and Scratch...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I bought a new stereo system for each other for Christmas. We decided to get a fancy one, so the whole interface on the system is touch screen. Now, I'm going to be the first person to admit this, but I didn't think the boys would bother it. I was wrong.

We brought it home yesterday, and set it all up. If you can imagine this, the way it works is that the top part of the DVD player holds the interface and the manual volume control. You can turn it on and off up there and switch between modes. Part of the reason that we bought it is that we can plug in our MP3 players with a USB cable; it's a really great feature.

So, DH and I get tired and we decide to go to bed. We turn off everything and snuggle down. At about 2am I hear something. It vaguely sounds like music. Thinking my neighbors are having a party I go back to bed. 2:30am hits and it feels like I'm at a rock concert. Social Distortion (a punk band) is playing at full volume! DH an I realize we have a problem. The boys have turned on the stereo. The two of us rush out, while the music keeps going up and up in volume, to see Scratch Fury Destroyer of Worlds simply sitting on the top of the unit turning up the music with his furry butt. He is mystified and doesn't understand why his Meowmy and Purrpa and dashing towards him in a vain attempt to catch him. He dashes off.

After a quick struggle, we shut off Mike Ness and his band, and put the parent lock on the system. Now I have to enter a code to turn the thing on.

Such is life with the boys.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It's when we think that they will never go near something, we should really worry. Sorry, Heather, but nothing is safe with your boys.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Heather, never ever underestimate your boys!

Next 8-Bit will crack the parental code...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Yes, Heather, never ever underestimate your boys!

Next 8-Bit will crack the parental code...
Jan, how many times do I have to tell you not to give 8-Bit ideas?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

You do have my sympathy
really.

I use to have a touch lamp in my bedroom until Sassy figured out that if you stick your nose on it you can play lite goes on, lite goes off for hours. Since I like Sassy better then the lamp---goodbye lamp.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So Scratch now knows the way to get attention at 2am is to play with the stereo

He's such a funny boy!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how funny!!!!

My kitties have turned on our radio before too- the buttons are on the top of colin's alarm and kojak has scared the devil out of me on more than one occassion by jumping on it and blasting the music while i'm asleep

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LMAO.... that is a good one.... Zoey has figured out how to turn on a touch lamp , change the remote channel and a few other things...lmao.. note to self Zoey is not allowed to date any of your boys

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the best story I have heard in weeks.

I do feel for you though. It's not nice that they woke you up so early. At least they could have played soft music.