Oma's Pride Raw?

noahj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is anyone familiar with this brand? My cat seems to be allergic to everything, so I started him on Nature's Variety raw rabbit. It was the only flavor that he liked of this brand that he didn't have an allergic reaction to (I've tried them all...) Everything was going well until they decided to replace some of the rabbit organs with pork organs and fat. Something about they couldn't source some of the rabbit ingredients anymore. Why they replaced them with pork is beyond me...it's one of the most allergenic meats for cats. Sure enough, my cat is getting very itchy on this new formula. I'm determined to keep him on raw food, but Nature's Variety was the only brand that I knew to trust that had rabbit. I came across Oma's Pride and see that they have rabbit, but I'm nervous to try it without and feedback first. Has anyone tried this one - rabbit in particular? Is it safe? Any other brands that you trust?

Thanks so much
- Vicki

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried it but there are a few raw feeders on the site that may have.

Looking at their site, the rabbit doesn't seem to be a complete formula raw but an ingredient for those making raw.

Is it sold somewhere close to you that you can ask questions, stores that do sell raw for cats usually have quite knowledgeable people working there

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used it with good results ... no the rabbit is not a complete ( columbia river natural pet foods makes a complete rabbit)... Use chicken or beef organs ( mine prefer beef)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noahj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the information, guys. I found out that Oma's Pride doesn't have a distributor in my area, so it would be difficult to get a hold of it, anyway.
I looked up Columbia River Natural Pet Foods but, unfortunately, it's only for dogs. I came across Aunt Jeni's Home Made today, which makes a raw rabbit for cats. My only concern is that one of the ingredients in it is garlic and my understanding is that garlic can be toxic for cats. I'll probably call them to see how much garlic is in it - maybe it's too small an amount to be dangerous.

Thanks again for the feedback.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by noahj

Thanks for the information, guys. I found out that Oma's Pride doesn't have a distributor in my area, so it would be difficult to get a hold of it, anyway.
I looked up Columbia River Natural Pet Foods but, unfortunately, it's only for dogs. I came across Aunt Jeni's Home Made today, which makes a raw rabbit for cats. My only concern is that one of the ingredients in it is garlic and my understanding is that garlic can be toxic for cats. I'll probably call them to see how much garlic is in it - maybe it's too small an amount to be dangerous.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Your not knowing RAW is canine and feline ... tells me to suggest a bit more research.... feline raw can be SIMPLIER... as it entails only meat bone and organs to be complete

Garlic is a ???able for cats and dogs ... the danger is each animal is different for one a taste of garlic once may cause anemia and death for others it could be a bulb a day for life with no side effects...

www.barfdirect.com is used by a few on here and the minimum is low at 10lbs