whiskas?

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone feed whiskas dry food?
I am feeding my two kitties Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Kitten (wow, long name lol). But before I got Raven I had a stray litterally dropped off at our door and I kept her until we found her owners and I had bought a cheap bag of food (whiskas). Then when my husband brought home Raven I started her on that (it was kitten) and fed that while I researched and then decided on the Nutro. I mixed the two (much more nutro than whiskas). Raven really loves the whiskas meaty bites. And Jack likes the little pieces (they are much smaller than the nutro). I was trying to read the ingrediants of Whiskas and the website is not helpful at all (http://www.whiskas.ca/new/food_tools.aspx)
and I was wondering if it would be okay if I kept buying Whiskas kitten (and then adult) to mix with my nutro choice to make my $ $tretch farther.

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whiskas is a corn (vs meat) based food that contains all of the chemical preservates we are told to avoid: BHA & BHT (known carcinogens) AND ethoxyquin, which doubles as a pesticide.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Purina naturals is a better food IMHO to stretch or maybe wal marts maxium... I know some are able to get chicken soup at a really low price or diamond Naturals

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
okay, that settles THAT then. Thanks for the replies.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MangoTheManCat

This website has GREAT information on what the ingredients list on a kibble bag means. It's geared towards dog kibble, but many ingredients are the same in commercial foods.

http://www.iei.net/~ebreeden/kibble.html
Good site but more comprehensive ones are found in the stickys at the top of the forum... I am glad it has the older affco defs