TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Crossing the Bridge › Tippy - please spare a thought for her
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tippy - please spare a thought for her - Page 4

post #91 of 119
Oh no , i'm so sorry for your loss, i didn't think it would be so soon

May she rest peacefully with all her other fursiblings over the bridge
post #92 of 119
I also just read all 8 pages and I must say, The only time I ever bawled that hard was when my own was passing. Im so sorry! There are no words to say how sorry I am! Im glad she was with you at the end... and your daughter!
You're all in my prayers!
post #93 of 119
Oh Beth, I'm so sorry. Even though you knew it was coming, it's never easy. I'm glad your daughter had a chance to spend time with her. Bless her heart for holding out long enough so she could.

Rest in Peace sweet Tippy.
post #94 of 119
Oh Beth I am so sorry for you all. Inspite of it being such a deeply sad time, Tippy had you all near her, including her cat family, that is so very sweet and kind. Im sure your other babies will be grieving, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Rest In Peace Tippy
post #95 of 119
Oh sweety, I am so sorry..May Tippy rest in peace and play without pain
post #96 of 119
I am so sorry for your loss. Tippy had a wonder last few days. I also believe she was waiting for her mommy to come home.
post #97 of 119
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. I'm so sorry that the holiday season will be bittersweet for you. I will say a prayer for sweet Tippy's little soul.
post #98 of 119
Beth, I'm so sorry for your great loss. Tippy was greatly loved, and that's a gift.

All of you are in my thoughts.
post #99 of 119
I am so sorry she is gone. . . She knew she was well loved.

At least you got to be with her when she finally went to sleep. At least now you can know when you go away that she is at rest.

Rest in peace little Tippy. . . please say hello to Tux and Cleo for me.
post #100 of 119
Think of you
post #101 of 119
Beth i'm so sorry Your little girl is in chorus with all the other kitty angels at rainbow bridge now, but i know she'll be looking down on you all.

Play happily at the bridge Tippy. Your loved and missed so much

__________________________________________
post #102 of 119
Rest in peace, Tippy.
post #103 of 119
I'm sorry you lost her, but she was loved until the end.
post #104 of 119
Rest in peace Tippy

post #105 of 119
I am so very sorry for your loss.
post #106 of 119
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful girl. Rest in Peace Tippy.
post #107 of 119
Thread Starter 
Friends, we returned from our trip today and I checked in here, all I can say is that I'm overwhelmed. Your lovely thoughts and words brought tears to my eyes - we feel our sweet Tippy's loss so greatly.

She was with us in spirit while we were away - we took a photo of her with us on the camera's memory card and spent an evening remembering her in the Piano Bar one gentle evening.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart for your kind thoughts and words. We are all so very grateful
post #108 of 119
I am glad that you made it back safely.
Your precious memories of Tippy will always be with you and your family.
Tippy
post #109 of 119
Beth, I don't know how I missed this thread. But I read all the way through it, and I'm bawling. It is SO bittersweet. Tippy was so loved - as Heidi put it -all around the world. But especially by her humans.

What a wonderful life she had. I'm glad she had all of you with her through the end - and that she had such a wonderful few days. God! This is so hard!

Please know my thoughts are with you during this time. How difficult to lose any loved one right now!

But I know Tippy's with you, sending back all the love you've given her.



Laurie
post #110 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocats View Post
I am glad that you made it back safely.
Your precious memories of Tippy will always be with you and your family.
Tippy
Thank you Lei. When we got back, hubby had put Tippy's collar at the top of the Christmas tree It goes around the tall spindly stem that the star sits on and is just perfect there - we look up and see a lovely reminder of Tippy every single day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post
Beth, I don't know how I missed this thread. But I read all the way through it, and I'm bawling. It is SO bittersweet. Tippy was so loved - as Heidi put it -all around the world. But especially by her humans.

What a wonderful life she had. I'm glad she had all of you with her through the end - and that she had such a wonderful few days. God! This is so hard!

Please know my thoughts are with you during this time. How difficult to lose any loved one right now!

But I know Tippy's with you, sending back all the love you've given her.



Laurie
Thank you so much Laurie. I wish I could have replied to everybody individually, but it really is so difficult to come here, even though I am so grateful for the love that everybody has shown. For some reason, it's when I come here that the emotional energy is released and reading or writing in this thread just makes me cry. I know exactly what you mean Laurie, it is so hard.

I couldn't post about this at the time it happened, and I still can't talk about it without crying, but the most touching thing happened on the day that Tippy died. We had taken her collar and placed it on the mantel above the fire. Tolly sits on top of the fire and the shelf then is just above him. Although it used to have ornaments on, it's clear now because everything that goes on there is whipped straight off by the skillful paw of Tolstoy.

About three hours after she died, Tolly looked over to the shelf and saw Tippy's collar. I saw recognition in his eyes and he wandered over to sniff it. He sniffed it gently and then, up came his paw. I thought, oh no, he's going to send her collar skidding from the shelf. But he didn't - instead he touched it softly with his paw four times, almost as if he was padding at it to see if it would move and then he looked me straight in the eye with the saddest expression in his eyes. It just makes me crumble every time I think of it.
post #111 of 119
You dont need to apologise for not answering everyone, we know how hard it is, and as strong as we are in our daily routine, there is something about coming here and reading kind words that set us off again. How sweet of Tolly, and what a lovely place to put her collar.
post #112 of 119
......
My deep condolences dear Beth.........I´m so sorry if I not been next to you in this hard time....
BUT now I´m here......
I been praying as I tell you and I´m so sure Lord can heard my humble prayer for Tippy!...

RIP TIPPY you´ll be missed here!
post #113 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by booktigger View Post
You dont need to apologise for not answering everyone, we know how hard it is, and as strong as we are in our daily routine, there is something about coming here and reading kind words that set us off again. How sweet of Tolly, and what a lovely place to put her collar.
Thank you - I see from your siggy that you have had a lot of sadness with your Rainbow Bridge kitties, I'm sorry that you have gone through so much. But, on the other hand, you have known the love that these lovely kitties bring while they were with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
......
My deep condolences dear Beth.........I´m so sorry if I not been next to you in this hard time....
BUT now I´m here......
I been praying as I tell you and I´m so sure Lord can heard my humble prayer for Tippy!...

RIP TIPPY you´ll be missed here!
Thank you Rigel. She is missed so much and lovely to know that she will be remembered elsewhere as well. Addie has been spending a lot of time around the spot in the garden where she now lies.
post #114 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea View Post
About three hours after she died, Tolly looked over to the shelf and saw Tippy's collar. I saw recognition in his eyes and he wandered over to sniff it. He sniffed it gently and then, up came his paw. I thought, oh no, he's going to send her collar skidding from the shelf. But he didn't - instead he touched it softly with his paw four times, almost as if he was padding at it to see if it would move and then he looked me straight in the eye with the saddest expression in his eyes. It just makes me crumble every time I think of it.
Oh Tolly
Our kitties understand loss don't they.
post #115 of 119
Beth I'm just seeing this now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea View Post
About three hours after she died, Tolly looked over to the shelf and saw Tippy's collar. I saw recognition in his eyes and he wandered over to sniff it. He sniffed it gently and then, up came his paw. I thought, oh no, he's going to send her collar skidding from the shelf. But he didn't - instead he touched it softly with his paw four times, almost as if he was padding at it to see if it would move and then he looked me straight in the eye with the saddest expression in his eyes. It just makes me crumble every time I think of it.
Oh, did my eyes tear up at that! Sweet Tolly. Reading that reaction really made my crumble as well but it's the dearest thing at the same time. What a precious moment!

I hope Tippy has found Nakita and she will take her around. I wish you and your family the warmest hug possible and to know that she lives on in each of us who knew her.

May time be kind and your memories be healing.

post #116 of 119
Dearest Beth, Tippy is peaceful and will always watch over you. She'll be there sometimes when you least expect her to be, and you will know it. She was an elegant lady to her last days, wasn't she! Tolly understands and he is a strong boy but it doesn't make it any easier at all, I understand how painful that can be, After Sasha's beloved little brother Freddie was taken at 7 months from FeLV, we came home one night about 2 weeks after...and Sasha was sitting by Freddie's fishing pole banging his head against the wall. It just bottomed me out, I'll never shake that image. Now, Sasha passed at age 14 two Springs ago and went to meet Freddie.... as Tolly will someday, but for now, Tippy's spirit is within you. So big prayers for peace and (((((hugs)))))) to you. She is a very special angel to have been called in the month of December.
post #117 of 119
I'm new to the board and I just read all 10 pages of this thread. I'm so sorry that Tippy has left this earth, she is happy and young and healthy now. I've lost several kitties during my life's journey, so I know the pain you are feeling well. Yes, other pets in the home do know when the time is near and they understand the pain their human family feels. They are so gentle and caring at a time of sickness or loss.
post #118 of 119
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocats View Post
Oh Tolly
Our kitties understand loss don't they.
They really do - I would say that Tolly seems to understand the situation more than any of them; Addie seems to be missing Tolly and spending a lot of time on her grave, but I'm not sure that she really understands what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Blue View Post
Beth I'm just seeing this now.



Oh, did my eyes tear up at that! Sweet Tolly. Reading that reaction really made my crumble as well but it's the dearest thing at the same time. What a precious moment!

I hope Tippy has found Nakita and she will take her around. I wish you and your family the warmest hug possible and to know that she lives on in each of us who knew her.

May time be kind and your memories be healing.

Thank you Kass - it was indeed a precious moment. I have never seen (with my own eyes) any animal so deeply affected by the situation of another. My daughter is a biologist and has been talking with fellow science students and her lecturers who say that cats have no consciousness, no sense of who they and their fellow cats are. I really do not believe that. If that was the case, I don't see how kitties like Tolly and Eddie's Sasha would interact with their kitty mates and react to their loss in the way that they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashacat421 View Post
Dearest Beth, Tippy is peaceful and will always watch over you. She'll be there sometimes when you least expect her to be, and you will know it. She was an elegant lady to her last days, wasn't she! Tolly understands and he is a strong boy but it doesn't make it any easier at all, I understand how painful that can be, After Sasha's beloved little brother Freddie was taken at 7 months from FeLV, we came home one night about 2 weeks after...and Sasha was sitting by Freddie's fishing pole banging his head against the wall. It just bottomed me out, I'll never shake that image. Now, Sasha passed at age 14 two Springs ago and went to meet Freddie.... as Tolly will someday, but for now, Tippy's spirit is within you. So big prayers for peace and (((((hugs)))))) to you. She is a very special angel to have been called in the month of December.
Eddie, you have it exactly right, she was an elegant lady, right until the end. Even on her last afternoon, when she was barely conscious, she looked as if she was sleeping peacefully in her basket by the fire. That must have broken your heart to see Sasha so distressed after Freddie had passed.

She is here sometimes - hubby looked around the corner of the sofa really quickly last night and said "where did Tippy go?". Daughter and I looked at each other surprised and said what do you mean? He said that he heard her scratching the side of the sofa (not one of her most endearing habits). He was adamant that she was there and then he realised that she couldn't, physically, be there.

Here's hoping that Nakita, Sasha, Freddie and Tippy are in a happy place, stretching in cool grass and feeling the sun on their shoulders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySmith View Post
I'm new to the board and I just read all 10 pages of this thread. I'm so sorry that Tippy has left this earth, she is happy and young and healthy now. I've lost several kitties during my life's journey, so I know the pain you are feeling well. Yes, other pets in the home do know when the time is near and they understand the pain their human family feels. They are so gentle and caring at a time of sickness or loss.
Welcome to the Board! I am sorry that you have lost several kitties too - you are right it is never easy. I was amazed by the tenderness shown by our other kitties.
post #119 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea View Post
Thank you - I see from your siggy that you have had a lot of sadness with your Rainbow Bridge kitties, I'm sorry that you have gone through so much. But, on the other hand, you have known the love
Thanks - and there is one missing from there, I lost Tiger a month ago today. In a way, I am not sorry I have gone through so much (although did have a bad day the other day), as I have comfort in knowing that all bar one of those was an oldie, and that some had a home that they wouldnt have had otherwise, so they got a warm, loving home and someone who cared for them, they aren't all that lucky. Plus the love they gave while they were with me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Crossing the Bridge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Crossing the Bridge › Tippy - please spare a thought for her