My cat needs help

snerkes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is dying! It's suffering from a kidney disease. Please help me save its life. I'm trying everything possible right now.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Before anyone decides to donate please read one of our rules when it comes to giving money.

5. Solicitations – TheCatSite.com does not encourage or promote solicitation of money from our members. We will help in every way possible with our knowledge and support, but as many of us have multi-cat households and work with local rescue groups, monetary support is not always possible to causes or people we do not personally know. Members are allowed one posting in the SOS forum for each organization. Repeated postings for the same cause or organization will be deleted.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snerkes, please be very wary of a vet that would do this type of surgery for $1,000. Most reputable places (from my knowledge) pricing begins at around $10,000 and goes up. If your vet is willing to do this for that low a price I would be suspicious and would be inclined to put your baby out of his pain and have him humanely euthanized.

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Snerkes, please consider what Yosemite says - the best policy here probably is to put your cat to sleep. Please know that for the cat, the procedure is NOT painful. It is like getting an overdose of Morphine - the heart simply slows down and stops. The cat is not aware of anything except sleeping in your arms - and not feeling any pain.

Kidney disease is VERY painful and a bad death ... Personally if faced with this diagnosis I would have to choose to end the cat's suffering.

We recently lost our Gator, to an invansive and rapidly moving cancer of the lung. AT the end, he was gasping for breath and unable to move around or
do the things he liked. It was a mercy we gave him - and we knew sad as it was that he was moving to a better place where he was free of pain.

We miss him desperately, but we know his death was peaceful, easy and painless.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry but with my 3 kids and 2 cats I have no money to donate.... A kidney transplant all on its own is pretty much fatal.... he would have to be on meds his whole life and the quality might not be good! Please post again so we have an idea that you're really real!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vibe is that this is a scam. Read the posting carefully. The poster refers to the cat as "it". It's titled "help the cat". Another reference is "love the little thing."

Do vets do transplants? I thought the only long-term treatment for kidney failure for a cat was dialysis.

Also, if you check the poster's profile - he/she does not give any personal information. Location, occupation - nothing.

If this were your cat, it would have a name. You would be calling it her/him, my baby, my precious. Do not send money. The appeal would have an entirely different tone.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just dont think this is really real! First off, there is no way I would plea on the net to complete strangers! Any hackers here that can hack them down so we know whats up! j/k
Although they do have kitty transplants, they're just really expensive and most the time dont work anyways from what I hear

kittee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yah...I hate to say this, god forgive me if I'm wrong but this time of year usually brings out peoples "donating good sides" and some people like to take advantage of that.

I'd be more trusting if this wasn't the posters 1st post on the forums.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittee

Yah...I hate to say this, god forgive me if I'm wrong but this time of year usually brings out peoples "donating good sides" and some people like to take advantage of that.

I'd be more trusting if this wasn't the posters 1st post on the forums.
Yup. Better safe than sorry. Give to your favorite local shelter instead.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know someone who's cat had a transplant and he and the donor cat (adopted by the family also) lived many years in good health together. However, it was well over $1000.

That website looks like a scam to me. Most people who want a donation for a legitimate cause have the vet info listed so that you can verify and send money directly to the vet.

Please don't send money to this!

susanmly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!! Here's a couple pieces of info regarding this poster. If you click on the donation button it takes you to a Paypal page, which in my opinion looks very fake. It wants you to sign in (geez why don't I just give you my password). It has the country listed as Lithuania going to an email [email protected]. I'll let you know if I find out any more.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can tell that something just isn't right with all of that...
Theres no urgency, they refer to the cat as 'it' most of the time.
Hope its not someone trying to take advantage of good people

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had a look at the page and there's definitely something fishy going on there. Not sure if it's a phishing scam or a virus, but I am taking out the link to the page, just in case, and have reported it to the free hosting service where it's hosted.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was real, they would be on here for advice on what to do and talking to us. Us cats lovers turn to other cat lovers in times of crisis, they would be on here telling us every detail. Have you noticed they only posted once! I mean come on, if they were real they would be on here deffending themselves!! I didn't give a penny. If it would have been a real cat in need, pictures, know them from on here previously and copy of written vet papers then I would. But this one is just a scam, they think they can get us to give them money, Boy aren't they gonna be suprised! HAHA

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey how dumb do you thunk we are??? We weren't born yesterday.....

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

I had a look at the page and there's definitely something fishy going on there. Not sure if it's a phishing scam or a virus, but I am taking out the link to the page, just in case, and have reported it to the free hosting service where it's hosted.
Thanks, Anne. As many posters here noticed, it just didn't seem right.

AB