What have you got your SO for Christmas?

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know alot of people end up really stuck for ideas when it comes to Christmas gifts for their SO, so I thought I'd start a thread for people to take ideas from.

I've got Andy:

Simpsons socks and keyring
Paco Rebanne Aftershave set
Two Lynx dioderant and shower gel sets
A choclate santa

Simpsons Movie DVD
Simpsons series 8 DVD.

What did you get?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two Lynx shower gel and deo sets with a shower radio inside it.
David beckham after shave.
tshirts
undies,
another perfume set
hand luggage. (he might not use it... but there for i will
)
mugs
ring
I also made my own advent calendar this year and filled it up with miniture things such as toothpaste, antiwrinkle cream, deodarant, aftershave cream, chocolates and such... He is enjoying it so far

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I also made my own advent calendar this year and filled it up with miniture things such as toothpaste, antiwrinkle cream, deodarant, aftershave cream, chocolates and such... He is enjoying it so far
He hasn't got to the anti-wrinkle cream yet then

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, originally I bought him the first 3 seasons of The Office on DVD but I didn't want to wait until Christmas to watch them (and didn't want it to be one of those 'this-is-for-you-AND-me gifts') so I kept them for me and am giving him something else instead.

Also:
*$50 Gift Card for SIRIUS (he already has it in his car, but I figured it would be nice to not have to pay for his subscription for a while)
*Camo Columbia Fleece from Cabela's (he's a hunter and needs a new warm sweatshirt type thing for layering under his other stuff)
*A monogrammed leather catch-all from Red Envelope for his keys, loose change, etc. (This is really more for me than him, because it drives me nuts that he throws the contents of his pockets all over the side table all the time. lol)

That's gonnna be it, I went a little over our $ limit with shipping and everything.

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband and I are the ultimate in practicality. We like to travel, so a long time ago we decided to forgo gift giving and put that money into our travel budget.

We did just buy a few prints for the house. We've been married almost 15 years and still had most of the hideous, cheap "art" we bought when we couldn't afford anything else.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't doing gifts for each other this year basically.We want the kids to have a nice Christmas, so we do without for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

We aren't doing gifts for each other this year basically.We want the kids to have a nice Christmas, so we do without for them.
Sounds childish, but last year my SO and I woke up before our son, and we woke him up so he could do his presents because we were so excited for him!!!

We did our gifts to each other before we woke him up. And then he handed out the Mummy adn Daddy gifts.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah.We get excited just seeing the kids faces at what we got them.
And BTW, nah.......that ain't childish!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenwales

My husband and I are the ultimate in practicality. We like to travel, so a long time ago we decided to forgo gift giving and put that money into our travel budget.
We've just hit that point. We're doing remodeling around the house so DH got a compound miter saw and a pneumatic nail gun. If we weren't doing remodeling we would have bought ourselves a trip to someplace warm.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

He hasn't got to the anti-wrinkle cream yet then
he has! and he guessed it right too but i lied to him and said nooo... i would never get that for you honey! its anti puffiness cream... and so far he has believed it but every night he puts it on his face

(he doesnt speak german this is why i can get away with it so far..)

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH is getting a table saw, ski pass, ski goggles, gold chain, chocolates, ski socks

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my husband lost his grandmother in October (his grandfather passed 15 years ago) so I'm going to make a memorial shadow box for him. I also got him a Nascar racing game that I gave him early and we're also going to spend the 23rd in a hotel room with a hot tub. We decided to make it a "tradition" until we have kids to get a room on the 23rd to celebrate our won christmas (since we're with my family x0mas eve and his x-mas day) and it also happens to be our 6 month wedding anniversary.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gotten him a PSP (playstation portable) and a few games to go with it. I'll also get him the new Simpsons Movie that comes out next week & maybe some new cologne.

I always go over the budget on him

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I always go over the budget on him
I know how you feel, it's the same here. I got my husband a PS3. I can't help it, I like getting him things.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought my SO a few things let me see..

2 shirts for work, one short sleeve and one long sleeved
a food processor
a few cookbooks he wanted. one was actually a beer brewing book
a salt cellar (like the one Alton Brown uses on his show for his kosher salt)
an herb chopper. I don't get it, but its something he had on his wishlist

some tumbler glasses
a new razor he wanted

Hope he's happy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Colin the really nice cutlery set he has been drooling over from Cold Steel. He wears some of their knives when he's on duty and really likes the workmanship/quality...he mentioned how our cutlery set at the moment is getting old and he'd love a new one, but the cold steel ones were too pricy....so i got him one

http://www.coldsteel.com/kitclas.html

I also got him red swingline stapler (just like the one from Office Space)

A cool stress ball that changes colors

and lots of yummy treats for his stocking

and a pack of coal to go in his stocking

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't bought my boyfriend anything yet. I am thinking about getting him satellite radio but I am not sure yet. I might get him an xbox 360.

anmccleod

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got Keith:
An Underwater Fishing Camera
An Pop-up 2 man hunting blind
digital talking grill thermometer
and some new flannel pj pants

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Sounds childish, but last year my SO and I woke up before our son, and we woke him up so he could do his presents because we were so excited for him!!!
LOL The now-ex and I did that for our daughter 2 Christmas' ago because we had stayed up all night setting up everything and had it layed out picture perfect!