messy paws...

mishkas mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got a new kitten a week ago, she is amazing! I have never before had an indoor cat though, so i am at a loss with how to deal with this problem. She started having diarrhea a few days ago, and although she makes it to the litterbox everytime, she keeps getting her paws in it when she tries to bury it... she has her first vet appointment in a week, but until then, does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to help this problem? I have had to bathe her 3 times in the past 5 days, and she is not very happy with me.... any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could buy some cat wet wipes, and wipe her paws as soon as she comes out of the litter box. The problem could be more to do with it running toward the back paws as she is actually doing the business, and then she probably stands in it ready to burry it and then as she steps out. Do you have a mat down under the litter tray? If you did then that would get rid of alot of the residue before it is trasped around the house.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

You could buy some cat wet wipes, and wipe her paws as soon as she comes out of the litter box. The problem could be more to do with it running toward the back paws as she is actually doing the business, and then she probably stands in it ready to burry it and then as she steps out. Do you have a mat down under the litter tray? If you did then that would get rid of alot of the residue before it is trasped around the house.
Good advice here. And it sounds like a perfectly normal phase for your kitten to go through. She's learning and hasn't quite mastered the art of covering her poo!