Anyone using Taste of the Wild

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a sample and mostly it looks very good... Zoey loves the stuff and it is not $$ about what a real premium costs at big box

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feed my kitties this!

They like it pretty well and I thought it looked great compared to all the other dry's I found. I can get a 15 lb. bag here for about $35.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

I feed my kitties this!

They like it pretty well and I thought it looked great compared to all the other dry's I found. I can get a 15 lb. bag here for about $35.
come to idaho
/....
I am uneasy about tomato and smoked salmon but i will call the company and ask what it is smoked with
5lb is 10$

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
5 lbs was $35!?!?

I feed it to Ophelia, Dorian, PJ & Punky. I mix it with other foods, though(Nutro MAX adult for the adults, kitten for the kittens). They love it. 15 lbs. was $25 for me.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/
Thanks!

Looks interesting. My guys are currently eating EVO and Pinnacle dry plus whatever canned I can force down them. I'd like to find another grain free that they will eat and would prefer one without a bunch of fruits and veggies. I see Taste of the Wild has berries but they are pretty low on the ingredient list...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Thanks!

Looks interesting. My guys are currently eating EVO and Pinnacle dry plus whatever canned I can force down them. I'd like to find another grain free that they will eat and would prefer one without a bunch of fruits and veggies. I see Taste of the Wild has berries but they are pretty low on the ingredient list...
it has loads of veggies peas is second.. that is another ?? on me

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

it has loads of veggies peas is second.. that is another ?? on me
Oh yeah, I missed the peas. I disregard the potatoes cuz they have to use something as a binder although I wish mine would eat one of the grain frees that doesn't use potato...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Oh yeah, I missed the peas. I disregard the potatoes cuz they have to use something as a binder although I wish mine would eat one of the grain frees that doesn't use potato...
yeah ... that is why I mix a rice containing with the potato cause I am not totally convinced of the potatos long term not causing issues

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
what about rice though...?

I didn't think that rice was all that good for them either.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

what about rice though...?

I didn't think that rice was all that good for them either.
Rice is upwards of 10-30 % more digestable than potato for a cat ... and in the wild ( yeah not cooked) a cat is likely to eat young rice or wheat can you see them digging up potatos???

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Rice is upwards of 10-30 % more digestable than potato for a cat ... and in the wild ( yeah not cooked) a cat is likely to eat young rice or wheat can you see them digging up potatos???
good point

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha! ya, I dont think they'll be digging up potatos anytime to soon! You girls and boys let me know how it works out! If it does good on yours I might see if they have a kind for bladder infections in it and try it as I spend a ton of money on perscription cat food!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

haha! ya, I dont think they'll be digging up potatos anytime to soon! You girls and boys let me know how it works out! If it does good on yours I might see if they have a kind for bladder infections in it and try it as I spend a ton of money on perscription cat food!
to this pt NO grain free is UTI friendly

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know!! Thanks!! I really appreciate you saying that cause otherwise I would went out and tried it and gave my kitty a UTI!!