TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Anyone using Taste of the Wild
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone using Taste of the Wild

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I got a sample and mostly it looks very good... Zoey loves the stuff and it is not $$ about what a real premium costs at big box
post #2 of 17
I feed my kitties this!

They like it pretty well and I thought it looked great compared to all the other dry's I found. I can get a 15 lb. bag here for about $35.
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saya View Post
I feed my kitties this!

They like it pretty well and I thought it looked great compared to all the other dry's I found. I can get a 15 lb. bag here for about $35.
come to idaho/....
I am uneasy about tomato and smoked salmon but i will call the company and ask what it is smoked with
5lb is 10$
post #4 of 17
5 lbs was $35!?!?

I feed it to Ophelia, Dorian, PJ & Punky. I mix it with other foods, though(Nutro MAX adult for the adults, kitten for the kittens). They love it. 15 lbs. was $25 for me.
post #5 of 17
haha they said 15lbs bags for 35$ and 5lbs bags for 10$$ hehe
post #6 of 17
I can't find the manufactures web site. Can someone clue me in?
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschauer View Post
I can't find the manufactures web site. Can someone clue me in?
http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Thanks!

Looks interesting. My guys are currently eating EVO and Pinnacle dry plus whatever canned I can force down them. I'd like to find another grain free that they will eat and would prefer one without a bunch of fruits and veggies. I see Taste of the Wild has berries but they are pretty low on the ingredient list...
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschauer View Post
Thanks!

Looks interesting. My guys are currently eating EVO and Pinnacle dry plus whatever canned I can force down them. I'd like to find another grain free that they will eat and would prefer one without a bunch of fruits and veggies. I see Taste of the Wild has berries but they are pretty low on the ingredient list...
it has loads of veggies peas is second.. that is another ?? on me
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
it has loads of veggies peas is second.. that is another ?? on me
Oh yeah, I missed the peas. I disregard the potatoes cuz they have to use something as a binder although I wish mine would eat one of the grain frees that doesn't use potato...
post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschauer View Post
Oh yeah, I missed the peas. I disregard the potatoes cuz they have to use something as a binder although I wish mine would eat one of the grain frees that doesn't use potato...
yeah ... that is why I mix a rice containing with the potato cause I am not totally convinced of the potatos long term not causing issues
post #12 of 17
what about rice though...?

I didn't think that rice was all that good for them either.
post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saya View Post
what about rice though...?

I didn't think that rice was all that good for them either.
Rice is upwards of 10-30 % more digestable than potato for a cat ... and in the wild ( yeah not cooked) a cat is likely to eat young rice or wheat can you see them digging up potatos???
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Rice is upwards of 10-30 % more digestable than potato for a cat ... and in the wild ( yeah not cooked) a cat is likely to eat young rice or wheat can you see them digging up potatos???
good point
post #15 of 17
haha! ya, I dont think they'll be digging up potatos anytime to soon! You girls and boys let me know how it works out! If it does good on yours I might see if they have a kind for bladder infections in it and try it as I spend a ton of money on perscription cat food!
post #16 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
haha! ya, I dont think they'll be digging up potatos anytime to soon! You girls and boys let me know how it works out! If it does good on yours I might see if they have a kind for bladder infections in it and try it as I spend a ton of money on perscription cat food!
to this pt NO grain free is UTI friendly
post #17 of 17
Good to know!! Thanks!! I really appreciate you saying that cause otherwise I would went out and tried it and gave my kitty a UTI!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Anyone using Taste of the Wild