A cardinal flew into our window

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How GORGEOUS!!!!! I just love him..... I would have a hard time not keeping him for a pet
But I would just tell myself again and again he would be sad inside

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad hes ok. What a treat to be able to hold a cardinal in your hands..

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful male.

My sis had a female who liked to peck her deck door or the side mirrors of the cars.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go to a specialty bird store you can by UV decals that stick to the outside of your windows. I have birds hitting my windows quite alot and since I've gotten these decals it isn't happening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have the decals and almost never get birds flying into the window anymore so this was quite a shock!! Had to bring him in though so the resident ferals didn't get him!! after about 10 minutes he was over being stunned and flew away!

G

ghostuser

Oh my gosh, he is beautiful! I wish I got to hold a cute cardinal in my hands.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg how beautiful is he! that must have been soo special to get to hold him in your hands!

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, so pretty...=o

Once, when I was in middle school, I was walking to school, and I found, in the grass, a little starling. It was winter, and the dew on the grass had frozen, and it was very cold. This poor little starling had frost and ice all over his back and wings, and didn't even move when I walked by him. I picked him up and kept him in my pocket for about ten minutes, as I walked, and then he started struggling, so I lifted him out of my pocket, and he flew away. =) I felt so happy that I might have saved his life, since there were (and still are!) SO many feral cats in that area...Thankfully, I didn't catch any zoonotic diseases from it, and I hope he lived a long healthy life.

I'm really glad that your little cardinal was okay and got to fly away safely. =)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very very jealous! I just love cardinals and they seem to have been popping up everywhere lately......what a gorgeous bird!

fuzzmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Cardinals. They brighten up an otherwise long winter.

A few years back this little fella flew into my window. Like the Cardinal it took only minutes for him to recover then I released him. I was afraid the neighborhood cats would get him.

In the 2nd pic, he had his eyes closed and was 'panting'. Poor fella was in shock but he came around pretty quickly. I'm amazed he didn't break his neck.