Question for Sunday December 8th

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For all those in work, how many days holiday do you get for the festive period?
Mine works out at 13 days in total

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My work is rather miserly. I get Dec. 25th off, but this year it's my holiday to be on call, so I'll probably work. At least it will be at time and a half. Back to work on the 26th. Oh joy, oh rapture. (I forgot to add that I'm on call on Dec 22nd and 23rd, too.)
I will get January 1st off (paid holiday.) Back to work on the 2nd. One of the great benefits of being a hospital nurse. Yippee.

Yeah, I need a vacation.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th off, back to work the 26th.

Thats enough for me, I am happy for that!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We got Christmas Day off at my last job. Last year I took the week off and just relaxed. It was always a dead week. The year before that I was the only one in the office most days that week because our clients were off doing things and my co-workers had taken time off.

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

0 days......that's what you get for working in health care. There's never a day off.
Same here, 0 days off.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

0 days......that's what you get for working in health care. There's never a day off.
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Amen, sister!!!
Sing it sisters! I get...umm...none of them off. I work Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and New Year's Day.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally get stuck working every single holiday. It really stinks! I've worked every holiday at my job since i've been there.

The ONLY one i will have off so far this year is Christmas day...thankfully! My boss has offered to work it so i can have a holiday off work to spend with my family. I'm really happy about that. The only thing that stinks though is Colin is a police officer so he works 6 days on and has 3 off...his off days rotate weekly, so i'm not sure if he's going to be off to spend Christmas day with us or not. I'm hoping he will be though! We both work for the city (i work for animal control). Most city employees (police, AC,fire,dispatchers,emt/etc) get stuck working on the holidays-because as we all know, emergencies don't sleep and animals always need food/water. This year i'm planning to make some yummy treats for him to take to his coworkers (mine will be off except my boss) so that it's not as bad. I've really been encouraging my family/friends to keep their local fire house/police dpts in mind during the holidays and do something nice for them (most of the time they LOVE to get food/treats!)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Officially only 1 day (Christmas Day)

However the business I'm contract at takes Christmas Eve & Day off, so I am one day unpaid. I am also taking the 26th off as well (unpaid).

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get December 25th off as a paid holiday. But am supposed to be there the 24th and 26th, 27th, 28th ...

I took the 24th & 26th off though.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have the 25th and 26th off and Jan 1st as well. These are the day that we are actually closed. I have had tons of requests for extra time off over the holidays and lucky me, I will be putting in lots of extra time so I can accommodate most of these requests.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
at my office job I don't work weekends and have off the 24th, 25th and 26th as well as the 31st and 1st (I think the 31st at least) But I do work at a restaurant on the weekends, so I am picking up the 24th and quite possibly the 26th, not sure how bad I need a day off
I'll also probably try to work the 31st (if I'm off from the office job) and the 1st.