My cat has been throwing up all day long!

crystal_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was fine yesterday but she has been throwing up every time she eats or drinks anything today. I have been putting Vaseline in her ears for a few weeks could this have made her sick?

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crystal_

She was fine yesterday but she has been throwing up every time she eats or drinks anything today. I have been putting Vaseline in her ears for a few weeks could this have made her sick?
I'd get her to the vet. Don't put any more Vaseline in her ears - they can get stuff off them with their paws and then lick their paws to get the stuff off them.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why are you putting Vaseline in her ears?
I don't think it's harmful to a cat, but I'm no vet: that could be what's causing her to vomit.
I wouldn't do it unless my vet advised me to..

Continuious vomiting could be occurring for any number of reasons. I would at least call the vet to see what he advises as to whether or not you should bring your kitty in.

I hope it's nothing serious, and that she'll be okay..

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystal_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well by last night she was eating normal again and holding it down. The vet says she seems fine. Don't know what happened.
I've been putting Vaseline in her ears because of a ear problem she has been having and it's the only thing that has helped so far.