Vitamin Water

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have any of you tried Vitamin Water yet? I bought a bottle of it the other night after some of my coworkers were raving about it last week. It is deliscious!!!!!
I bought the "revive" one -it's fruit punch flavored- but is sooooooo good. I am a bit under the weather (i have a cold) so i thought i'd give it a try! It really seems to help a bit - i LOVE the flavor of that one too!
I'm going to try out some of the other flavors too the next time i go to the store

http://www.vitaminwater.com/

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the pink one!
Not sure what it's for, I just like the way it tastes.

G

ghostuser

I drank a lot of those for awhile, I was thrilled to find a flavored water sort of thing without fake sugars.. I don't tolerate artifical sweeteners well. My favorites were the orange and lemonade ones.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about that particular brand, but in Oz there is a HUGE craze for all those sort of drinks. I think there are too many, and most of them taste weird

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll be the odd man out here, I tried a few different flavors and I thought they all were disgusting. They tasted (to me) like watered down juice. YUCK. But I am also super picky so I could just be a freak haha

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brittany

I'll be the odd man out here, I tried a few different flavors and I thought they all were disgusting. They tasted (to me) like watered down juice. YUCK. But I am also super picky so I could just be a freak haha
that's what i was trying to say

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not take "1 A Day" multivitamin and drink regular water? You will save yourself bundles

Your body only absorbs so much vitamins and minerals and then excretes the rest in your urine and stools, so you are probably getting very little, if any, benefit from the actual vitamin content of that water.

IMHO it's just another get rich quick scheme that these companies have come up with in order to grab your money. Slap "cat" or "health" or something similar on a label and people will buy it whether they need it or not.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried the B12, B6 one, it was okay but at 1.99 a bottle that's a little steep.

I am one of those people who has visions of some guy in backroom somewhere filling up bottles from a sink and slapping pure spring water labels on them. All the while cackling madly as dollar bills float around his head.

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge fan of flavored water (just reminds me of watered down fruit juice), but it's ok occasionally. I try to take one a day vitamins instead. Just be careful with vitamin water, I've had a few friends tell me that after they started drinking it religiously they gained some weight. It may just be their imaginations of other aspects of their diet though.

-Kristen

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't but any bottled water and the bottles are rarely recycled and the energy it takes to make the bottles and fill them basically with tap water isn't good for the environment.

Why don't you try buying Emergenc-C powder (at health food stores/Whole Foods)
and add to your own water??? This comes is lots of flavors!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to drink them all the time, now I've cut back (costs).

However I am sticking with the Lemon-Lime flavor. It the only one with electrolytes and apparently my body responds well to that (had earlier post here about feeling tired all the time and someone suggested electrolytes).

The dragonfruit one use to be my favorite.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is an advertising campaign here in which the commercial asks if you know that all that bottled water being sold is not subject to as much regulation as your tap water? I had no idea tap water was subject to regulation.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

There is an advertising campaign here in which the commercial asks if you know that all that bottled water being sold is not subject to as much regulation as your tap water?
That is 100% true. And most bottled water that you are drinking and paying 3 times the price of gasoline for, is simply tap water run through a filter like Britta.

Also don't be fooled by "Artesian Spring" water. All that means is that the water comes from a moving source. Your local river is a "moving source", not to mention the mineral and sodium content is far greater than what is considered safe.

Also, never ever drink "Distilled" water because that can cause imbalances in your blood. Because distilling removes all of the electrolytes so when it gets inside your body your body membranes are used as a filter and the distilled water will draw out the electrolytes from your blood and cells in order to create a balance on either side of the membrane, which leads to electrolyte imbalances in the body. Distilled water should only be used for things that require water such as Irons, Breathing machines etc. Things that cannot afford to have calcium build up in it otherwise it will destroy the mechanics of the equipment.

I had no idea tap water was subject to regulation. confused:
Yes, cities regulate the content of tap water and make sure that it is free from contaminents, parasities and has the required amount of flouride in it for our bone and teeth health.

I only drink tap water.The only time I drink a bottled water is if I am in the grocery store and I am thirsty. I pick up a bottled water and sip it as I go through the store and then pay for it with the rest of my groceries. All the rest of the time it's either plain tap water or if I am feeling ambitious I will fill up my Britta water jug: but not usually.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand carbonated beverages, so I like the raspberry Fruitwater that is made by Glaceau. The Vitamin Water that's white/clear, with the blue label (Multi V) is good...sort of lemonade tasting. Usually I just drink iced tea or plain water (from my tap, through my Pur filter.....same stuff my kitties drink!)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hmmm, I'm not really one for flavoured water
It doesn't refresh me as much at all!
Have you tried Crystal Light? I sometimes like to mix up a pitcher of that and have it in place of plain water. I like all of the flavours except for the Raspberry Ice which doesn't taste like anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Why not take "1 A Day" multivitamin and drink regular water? You will save yourself bundles

Your body only absorbs so much vitamins and minerals and then excretes the rest in your urine and stools, so you are probably getting very little, if any, benefit from the actual vitamin content of that water.

IMHO it's just another get rich quick scheme that these companies have come up with in order to grab your money. Slap "cat" or "health" or something similar on a label and people will buy it whether they need it or not.
It's not like it's something i drink all the time. That was my first bottle that i tried....i just enjoyed it is all, i normally just drink water- so something with a little taste to it plus some added nutrients is good. The fruit punch one tastes very good!.
I do take a multivitamin and some other supplements, so i'm not drinking it in substitution of my regular supplements. I have a potassium deficiency, so the one i tried seemed to be good for that as it had added potassium/etc in it. I don't drink soft drinks or other carbonated drinks, so i don't mind spending a few bucks on occassion for something other than plain water. It may be $1.99 but that's for four serving sizes...most people would spend more than that on one or two soft drinks.

Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I can't stand carbonated beverages, so I like the raspberry Fruitwater that is made by Glaceau. The Vitamin Water that's white/clear, with the blue label (Multi V) is good...sort of lemonade tasting. Usually I just drink iced tea or plain water (from my tap, through my Pur filter.....same stuff my kitties drink!)
I haven't tried the fruit water ones. They sound pretty good.