Internet down

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our wireless modem stopped working this evening. We have to have the box replaced by the phone company. John called them and they said to come in Monday to see if we can get a new one. It could be later though, if there's a waiting list. Our phone company is awful.

We have dial-up at random for now, but I won't be online much until it gets fixed.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our internet stopped working in the summer and it took the company like 3 weeks to come out and check it and then another like week or two to fix it.
We had to use dial up.

Hope yours gets fixed soon.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you try the power cycling? Where you unplug it for 5 minutes, then turn it back on and restart the computers? It's important to unplug it as it resets it.
We have to do this after we lose power during storms.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My firewall sometimes blocks my internet
It has happened twice in the past year..and I always call my provider because I forget that it happens...and they are like "uh...can you shutdown your firewall for a minute and try getting online?" Works every time

Hope yours is back on track soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Did you try the power cycling? Where you unplug it for 5 minutes, then turn it back on and restart the computers? It's important to unplug it as it resets it.
We have to do this after we lose power during storms.
We tried that. We tried everything. It's just that the internet box has no power to it anymore for some reason. Hopefully we'll get the new box tomorrow but I'm not very hopeful knowing our phone company. When we first got DSL, it took about 4 months to get it after ordering it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well all I have is dial up and I've been having problems with that-I'm going to have to call the phone company.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

We tried that. We tried everything. It's just that the internet box has no power to it anymore for some reason. Hopefully we'll get the new box tomorrow but I'm not very hopeful knowing our phone company. When we first got DSL, it took about 4 months to get it after ordering it.
The Walmart here sells DSL modems that work for both Embarq and AT&T DSL service. Just thought I'd mention it in case you haven't checked.

Mez

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were able to get it back today, after a bit of trouble. The phone company was being stupid, so it took us a long time for them to finally give us the replacement, then when we got back home, we found out that we had to replace the cables because the modem was different than the last.

It's good to be back on DSL though!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

We were able to get it back today, after a bit of trouble. The phone company was being stupid, so it took us a long time for them to finally give us the replacement, then when we got back home, we found out that we had to replace the cables because the modem was different than the last.

It's good to be back on DSL though!
Welcome back.