Beowulf

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I happened to stumble across the movie posted online so I watched it. I have to say that I'm glad I didn't waste the money by going to the cinema. Horrible. Halfway through it I felt like I was watching a video game. Everything, including the characters, became CGI.

I want to read the actual story but have heard that the quality of translations to English can vary. Does anyone have any recommendations?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the theater to see it. What a stupid movie!

Can't believe I wasted $7 to see it!

kittee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I liked it, thought it was wonderfully done. The whole movie was CG btw. They filmed it twice in essence. They first filmed the live actors then then they used that as a "guide" for the animated characters.

But I suppose if you did not know that going in, you might feel disappointed.

The screenwriter also stayed pretty true to the original story so that was also a nice touch. But then again I am a Computer Animator so perhaps I am bias.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittee

But then again I am a Computer Animator so perhaps I am bias.
What type of stuff have you worked on?

I had no problem it being CG, though I've seen a few games that have better CG in them. Even if it had been shot with the actors instead, the movie would have still been heavily CG anyways -most movies of that type are now days.
My only problem was some parts, certain actors, sounded like they were directly reading the script instead of acting the parts out. Too stiff sounding.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never heard of Beowulf before this movie. Just from watching to previews I thought it looked bad. They should have used the same technology they used for Polar Express... that looks more real and a lot better!!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it in 3D, which made it a pretty cool movie. I don't know how it'd be not in 3D though, it probably wouldn't be as good.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

I never heard of Beowulf before this movie. Just from watching to previews I thought it looked bad. They should have used the same technology they used for Polar Express... that looks more real and a lot better!!
In 3D it was amazingly realistic, half the time I could barely tell they weren't real people.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen the movie yet, but i adore the book!
I'm interested to see how the movie turns out...although most of the time, i prefer books to movies as they're more detailed/etc.

G

ghostuser

I saw it in 3D too, the first 3D movie I've ever seen. It was awesome because of that, I don't know if it would have been so impressive otherwise..