What would you wear?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to Dh's work Christmas Party, It is -28 C outside, should I wear my little black shoes or my winter boots? Dh say i'll break my neck and feeze my feet in shoes, He thinks I should wear my boots, since we are only going for the dinner part, not staying for the dance

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Is there any way you could change shoes before you go into the actual dinner? If it is that cold, I'm sure you won't be the only one doing it!
the only problem is this is a very small hall, there is no boot room, You're there is probably a lot of other women pondering the same thing

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Silly men dont they understand looks are way more important than functionality! I'd go with the black shoes!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of one of my job interviews, the one with a major Wall Street brokerage house. It started snowing so hard that my train was delayed. I couldn't find myself in downtown and had to use a pay phone (yeah, that long ago!) to call the secretary. No problem, they were sympathetic. I arrived in major winter overcoat and boots and brought my expensive-to-me shoes along. I entered the VPs office - leather chairs with those rivets, desk of very expensive wood and velvet curtains overlooking the Hudson and Statue of Liberty. VP said he had 1 question for me. Oh no! Did I change those boots for the shoes or not?
The question was did I get his name from a recent Wall Street Journal article and I had. Got through the next phase of the interview process, got the job but ended up taking another one.
Bottom line, wear the boots and then change to the sexy shoes when you get there!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do your boots look? Are they purely functional type or a hiking boot?
My dressy shoes are my boots.
Simple nice black leather boots with a short heel -or as they're called motorcycle style.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my mind I'd see it as an excuse to have a new pair of shoes. I'm a big fan of black boots with something nice epically if it's cold outside. I love to wear my black heels but once my feet get cold it's all over for me. I suggest a nice simple pair of knee height black boots. They go with everything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My issue is the boots are brown, my outfit is black, Dh says what does color have to do with it? I think is has a lot to do with it, I am pretty sure i will wear my BLACK shoes
I know it is going to be cold, but I won't be outside that long. better cold than geeky