Question of the Day - Saturday December 8th

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did once, but it turned out to be a really popular thread, so I got tons of email notifications, so I shut it off!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I did once, but it turned out to be a really popular thread, so I got tons of email notifications, so I shut it off!
I actually subscribed to about five threads at once and all were very popular. All the email notifications drove me crazy!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I subscribe to many health threads. I don't set it for notifications. It's more of a bookmark for myself.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only if its an important question that I need an answer to ASAP.

Otherwise, nope.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't tend to because I'm on here pretty much all the time (except when I'm at work) so I just look up the threads as soon as I get on and check for updates.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I subscribe to every thread, but in the section below the window when you are responding "Additional Options" under "Thread Subscriptions" I have No Email Notifications.

Then when I sign on I check under "User CP" for the threads that have been responded to. If Im online a for a long period, I just periodically check under "User CP".

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have my subscriptions set to receive a reply for every topic I posted in: but all those e-mails drove me nuts!
So I reset it to receive e-mail notifications just once daily. Most of the time though, I just check in my User CP for updates, since I log on to TCS almost every day now anyway..

~KK~

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I subscribe to every thread, but in the section below the window when you are responding "Additional Options" under "Thread Subscriptions" I have No Email Notifications.

Then when I sign on I check under "User CP" for the threads that have been responded to. If Im online a for a long period, I just periodically check under "User CP".
And then I will unsubscribe to threads I no longer want to follow. Usually the ones in fur-pics.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I do. If the thread is interesting in some way, I'll subscribe and get the notification. They don't bother me.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not even sure I know how this works
I'm on so much it doesn't really matter anyway

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

That is exactly what I do...
it works out really well.