Nala and Simba are coming !

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Be mentally prepared for major cuteness photos, I'm heading to pick up Nala and Simba in one hour, and expect pictures here in 2-3
I wanted to give you a heads up, you know, with all that Bengal love and cuteness, it can be thought for one's mind to cope with

See you later!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They're Home!!!

Well semi... at my mom's now, since the breeder didn't live too far from here, and Monday morning we head off to my apartment (4.5 hours drive) and there will be the infamous first meet with Kiara and Sarabi.
We'll see how this goes, I expect seperation for a good week will be required!

In any case, it's PICTURE TIME!

This is Nala and her mother at the cattery when I went to pick them up! Such a cuttie! The mom seems to have her angry face on...

This is Simba's and Nala's father. They're not directly brother and sister but they have the same father. His name is Pacha, and he's one gorgeous Bengal!

This is Nala alone, sort of posing!

Another of Nala! Imho she likes the camera!

Unfortunately, Simba has been a little ball of energy and I couldn't shoot him nice yet. It's dark so I'll wait tomorrow when the sun shines again (flash light is too harsh)!

They're TOTAL sweethearts
They chitchat a lot, but they're very gentle albeit energetic. I'm sure they'll be happy kitties, and spoiled to death

This is your appetizer, I have a dozen more to share tomorrow

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Judging by the dad, I bet Simba's just as handsome. Nala is absolutely beautiful!!! And her mum is pretty too. I look forward to seeing Simba soon.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think Nala's mother looks angry. She looks curious, that's all. If you're Simba is anything like MY Simba (also a Bengal), be prepared to Bengal proof your home. My boy is one high energy, playful boy, and he's now 3 years old and just as playful as he was as a kitten.

Have fun with your Bengal's, and I'm looking forward to seeing Simba's photo's.

Simba's father has some cool wild looking eyes.

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL I never noticed, what a coincidence! HopeHacker, how do they get along Siamese and Bengals together? My two Siamese are so much smaller, I'm a little worried!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Nala's mommy is just as pretty as her. Nala & Simba's dad is a cutie. I hope to see more pictures tomorrow.
Good luck with the intros.

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww, she's beautiful...and so are her parents! Can't wait for more pics and to get to see Simba!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerLord

LOL I never noticed, what a coincidence! HopeHacker, how do they get along Siamese and Bengals together? My two Siamese are so much smaller, I'm a little worried!
Well neither of my Bengals are very big. Simba and the Siamese girl, SunLee get along great. She plays and romps around with him. Of course at times he can be a little bit rough, but he has never hurt her. Simba and Shane used to get along great, in fact Shane was almost a surrogate father to Simba when Simba was a kitten. Of course Shane is now 10 years old, and doesn't want to play. Shane by the way is an old style Siamese and he's unusually big. Anyway, now Simba pounces on him when he's sleeping, and upsets Shane a lot, and of course Simba thinks it's great fun to upset Shane, so they have their problems. Nothing serious, but Shane doesn't like the pouncing.

My female Bengal Angel does NOT like Simba AT ALL! She gets upset if he even comes remotely close to her, and of course he pounces on HER too, and the more upset she gets, the more he wants to pounce on her. Simba is a naughty but very cute little stinker. He is Bengal intensified, where as Angel is a mellow as a Persian. She doesn't get into any mischief. She doesn't do anything wrong. She's not really playful. I was hoping that she would be Simba's match as far as energy and playfulness is concerned but she doesn't even come close. She's a perfect sweet well behaved little girl.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're gorgeous and great photos
I can't wait to hear more about them and see more photos!

You were warned about the bengal energy so that should come as expected.

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Picture time #2!

Two weeks ago I was in the same situation, that is, two new kitten at my mom's, except it was Kiara and Sarabi. They weren't "comfortable" until late at night. I expected Nala and Simba to be much more active faster, but it was the contrary. They didn't start the exploration of the condo until this morning (they were calling me from their hiding spot at 7h30!). Once I got and went to meet them they were much more playful and started to look around.

Simba is a little chickensoup! He's EXTREMELY cautious of anything new, it took me a while to win his trust and to get him to jump on my laps. I kept saying "Come see daddy Simba, come here" for at least a good 2 minutes, he

As for Nala, she is a total sweetheart. I was rolling on the floor this morning from laughing too hard - I had heard Bengals talk (like Siamese do, although my two girls don't talk THAT much yet) a lot and can be vocal, bu NEVER would I thought it was that much true! She was having a conversation with me this morning, quite literally speaking. It was a bonding moment probably, but I wished I had a camcorder to get this!

Both are playful and energetic, but they listen as well. I didn't know my mom had put up her Christmas true - my my! They're quite fascinated by the artifical snow on it as well as the decorations hanging around the condo. But suffice for me to grab them firmly by the neck (like the mother did, that's a trick the breeder showed me) and they'll freeze right there.

The most surprising thing for me is that they know their name - the breeder had been calling them by the name I had picked for 2-3 weeks, and if I call "Nala, NO!" or "Nala, come here" she recognizes her name, so does Simba. Apparently this is a characteristic Bengals share. It's quite fun

Anyway, enough talking! It's picture time!

Nala investiguates...a lot... all the time! She's very curious

She stares at her brother all the time... not like Sarabi to make sure all is okay, but to know when to jump on him before he sees it coming!

It's fighting club! They like this a lot. I feared injuries as I find they have VERY impressive claws but they only bite or strike without claws. And Simba is a sore loser!

My mom has a santa decoration standing up (very unstable though) in front of the fireplace. It didn't take long for Simba to figure out a small tackle would knock Santa on the floor. Then Nala came over, again, to investiguate!

Apparently they wanted to see what Santa's butt looks like from the inside

A good neat boy!

A somewhat more official portrait of Simba. Can't believe he stood still long enough for this one!

"Geez, I'm due for a manicure!" (he really is)

Nala has a gorgeous body and color!

She's also fascinated by the Christmas tree!

She likes to pose for me to. When she hears the lens working, it gets her attention!

Now it's Simba by the Christmas tree!

While Simba was admiring the tree and looking out the window, it didn't take long for Nala to pull him down on the sofa and knock him down!

He has a very pretty face, doesn't he? He's a gorgeous boy!

Well that's about it for today! Sigav, I don't know how you did it with Nikita, but I'm sort of a tacksharp freak, I need to bump ISO to 1600 to get fast enough shutter speeds and then it takes a good 5 minutes in PS to remove the noise - they're too fast!

Hope you enjoyed this little series, comments are very welcome!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You new pictures are gorgeous. You have just the opposite in Bengal's than I have. My female, Angel is a marbled Bemgal, and my male Simba is the spotted Bengal.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look great!! Can't wait for the pictures of them and the girls!!

It's so nice that Simba has bnded with you all ready. I definelty think this was the right decision