I have too many glasses in the cabinet.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home from work last night to find a rubber band around the handles of the cabinets over the sink, and a broken parfait glass (I use them for rooting plant cuttings - or at least I used to!) sitting next to the sink.

I thought my roomie had broken the glass as there are several on the counter behind the sink that need to be washed before being put away.

But, as he told me just this morning, it was Max who'd done it. Roomie said he heard a bunch of clinking then a smash and crash, and he ran into the kitchen to find Max inside the cabinet on the middle shelf where all the glassware is, busy knocking glasses over. The one that broke had been literally rolled out of the cabinet to smash on the sink.

I really do have too much glassware for someone who never entertains. Isn't Max a good boy helping me to clear out some of the clutter?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I really do have too much glassware for someone who never entertains. Isn't Max a good boy helping me to clear out some of the clutter?

Max is such the good boy!! People wonder why most of my drink ware is plastic. Then I point to the cats, then to the dog's waggling tails.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine love to sleep in the cabinets. I just moved everything except cans and secured the doors on everything I don't want them bothering.
Max is such a good boy to help you clear out some room. How considerate of him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday I found the rubber band on the floor, but so far no sign of Max getting back into the cabinet with the glasses.

HOWEVER, I'm no fool - he's just waiting for when no one is home to go back in and play some more!

Now I need to figure out how to keep the cabinet doors closed!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you could try various child-proof locks or just be happy that you have such a smart kitty that can open cabinets...lol

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did I mention that you keep reminding me why I'll never get a Bengal???