She is home....

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not posted this yet because I have been so busy. Pong is back home from having her surgery. Everything went well and she seems fine. I have not seen her mess with her stitches at all. I have to take her back on the 17th to have them removed. Everyone at the office was very nice. As a matter of fact so nice I think I may just switch vets to this one. We'll see tho. Pong was still in heat when I took her in to be spayed. But thats ok they only charged 10.00 more to spay her. Bad news is they did not tell me until I went to pick her up today and I only brought 100.00 with me. They were real nice about it and told me I could send a money order for the rest of pay in when I come in on the 17th (which is probably what I will do).

Now the difficult part...I have to keep her and Ping separate for at least 2 days and they said they could be back together on the 3rd day. I have a somewhat plan on how to do this. I figure I can keep her in my youngest son's room during the day and let Ping have run of the house. After they eat supper put Ping into my youngest son's room for the night. Of course there will be a litter box in there. I figure this is fair and only for a few days. And during breakfast and dinner they (Ping & Pong) can see each other.

Other than that everything seems fine. She is in hubby's chair right now resting.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
glad Pong is ok! Did they say why you had to keep her and Ping separate? I never had to do that with my cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are afraid they will rough house and her stitches will get pulled. Which I can understand because I let them spend time together this morning and it did not take long for Ping to want to play.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

They are afraid they will rough house and her stitches will get pulled. Which I can understand because I let them spend time together this morning and it did not take long for Ping to want to play.
I guess I can understand that, but if it's going to be a problem keeping them separate I wouldn't worry too much, I got my RB kitty Nike spayed last fall and she was out with the boys the next day and she was fine (although she kept licking at her stitches!!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess I can try later after the boys go to bed and see what happens. I am just scared that her stitches will get ripped out when we are asleep (Ping loves bunny kicking).

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! So glad that she's back home

If you are concerned about Ping, I would certainly keep them separated like the Vet suggested. You know your kitties and how they are better than anyone, so use your best judgement

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pong is back home.

I would do what your vet suggested, just to be safe.
Heal quickly Pong.