Tea: Sweet or Not?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you like it sweet or with milk? Plain?

Being originally from the Southern part of the U.S., I like sweet tea! I drink hot tea now (it is chilly at our house year 'round) and add some local wildflower honey. Mmmm...

How do you like your tea?

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No sugar and a moderate amount of milk. I love tea especially first thing and after my dinner with chocolate biccies!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like 2 teaspoons of white sugar, with a small amount of totally skimmed milk. No-one else I know like tea with sugar. Some times I will put some homey in.

I drink about 6 cups a day, I love tea....

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love tea, just black it good for me
When I was little my Grandfather used to make me dolly tea, it was half tea, half cream and a teaspoon of suger, because little dollys are sweet
tea always reminds me of him

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that even a question??
Oh my goodness- it's a sin around here in the South NOT to have sweet tea!
You goober!!!

I use ONLY Luzianne tea for cold sweet tea- and a cup of sugar when i make it! The trick to good sweet tea is to use two of the family size tea bags and to run it through twice

As far as hot tea goes- i like a little bit of honey, a tinsy pinch of sugar, and depending on what it is -some cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, a slice of orange, a slice of lemon, a pinch of nutmeg...just depends- the possibilities are endless!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your last option cracked me up. I picked non sugar tea, but you missed what I like in mine, fresh lemon or lime!
Lots of ice too.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Nothing in mine, thank you.

I only put sugar if it's poor quality tea.

The only exception is Chai tea, where I sometimes add soy milk and sugar.
I like my tea straight, but my British DIL likes it with milk (non-fat). I can take it either way now. I just got some Darjeeling tea leaves and have a recipe to make my own Chai this weekend. I love Chai tea.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Is that even a question??
Oh my goodness- it's a sin around here in the South NOT to have sweet tea!
You goober!!!

I use ONLY Luzianne tea for cold sweet tea- and a cup of sugar when i make it! The trick to good sweet tea is to use two of the family size tea bags and to run it through twice

As far as hot tea goes- i like a little bit of honey, a tinsy pinch of sugar, and depending on what it is -some cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, a slice of orange, a slice of lemon, a pinch of nutmeg...just depends- the possibilities are endless!

I'm a true southern belle and love my tea cold with Sugar.

hot tea, I dont really drink often unless I'm at a Chinese place or if I'm sick!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milk with tea? I've never heard of that. Of course, around here cold tea is much more popular so maybe that's why

I always have sugar in my tea, but when I have the chance I like to put honey in it as well!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depends on the tea and the mood and the weather...

In warm weather I enjoy iced tea, which should have a small amount of sugar and plenty of lemon.

Otherwise, herbal teas I prefer with honey and lemon, and all others, clear.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drink both hot and cold tea "straight up" as I like to call it, no lemon, no sugar, no milk, no honey

I don't drink hot tea all that often, but I do love it, iced tea on the other hand
when I'm working on the weekend at the restaurant I drink like a gallon of it!

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another southerner here...
I drink sweet (but not too sweet!) iced tea
I like hot tea with either a little sugar or sugar and milk, depending on what type of tea it is...i.e. I drink earl grey, russian caravan, some others w/ just sugar, but I like plainer teas with sugar/milk.

Art

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love milk and sugar in my tea. Sometimes I'll do just sugar, or just sugar if it's an herbal flavor. I love hot tea! I used to be a big sweet tea drinker (DH is from the South) but I've not been in the mood for it in a while.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I answered "with artificial sugar". I really like it better with REAL sugar, but I'm a diabetic. I like my tea, like I prefer my men: sweet and strong!

My fave is not really a "tea"--it's Celestial Seasonings' Red Zinger (though I wish they had not put the peppermint in it now--it used to be more citrusy). It's great as an unsweetened iced tea, and such a lovely, deep red color. I drink this all day long at work, and I swear it helps prevent colds (and the hot version soothes a cold and the flu). I just love this tea! I order it in bulk from Amazon.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

You goober!!!

You Goober

Thats exactly how I make my iced tea. Yum iced tea....... growing up I think I had iced tead everyday of my life.

I love hot tea too, but I use spenda in hot tea.
76yj <~~~~~that was Ducky who decided to walk across the keyboard

Maybe a secret message out there for someone.