TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Inserting a Link?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inserting a Link?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I can't get the "insert link" button to work?

When I click it, I get a little box that says "No such page was found".

I noticed this awhile back, but thought nothing of it, I rarely insert links. Well, I just was going to for a bowl I found & couldn't?
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I can't get the "insert link" button to work?

When I click it, I get a little box that says "No such page was found".

I noticed this awhile back, but thought nothing of it, I rarely insert links. Well, I just was going to for a bowl I found & couldn't?
ummm what browser are you using?
post #3 of 13
It is an issue that has been around for a while.

Best suggestions so far are use another browser (firefox does not have the same issue) or type the code for the link out
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
OK. I am using IE.
post #5 of 13
This is a known problem with IE7.

Try just pasting your link into your post. I believe it will automatically make it into a link. If not, put URL tags around it.

If you are having problems with a picture, put IMG tags around it.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
This is a known problem with IE7.

Try just pasting your link into your post. I believe it will automatically make it into a link. If not, put URL tags around it.

If you are having problems with a picture, put IMG tags around it.
ahh Haa. Yea it's fine in Opera too. I haven't updated to IE7 just yet. I don't like the new layout. LoL
post #7 of 13
and if you want the text to appear as a link

Code:
[*URL="http://www.mylinkhere.com"]Link Text Here[/URL*]
removing the *s
post #8 of 13
Thanks Eithne. I should never do something when Lucy needs attention. I'm not the best at one-handed typing
post #9 of 13
Me neither but I am in the office pretending not to notice the interns came in 40 mins late so it is probably better for me to be helping on here than giving them a lecture on why 9am means 9am even if the first meeting starts at 10am
post #10 of 13
That sounds like my early Thursday morning WIKO II class! They tend to trickle in, and wonder why their grades aren't so great
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
Me neither but I am in the office pretending not to notice the interns came in 40 mins late so it is probably better for me to be helping on here than giving them a lecture on why 9am means 9am even if the first meeting starts at 10am
post #11 of 13
It is ok, it just means their expenses for the accountant didn't get picked up in the midday mail, because they were late and hadn't filled out all the forms for me to input, which means they wont be sent until Monday and they will be lucky to see their money before they leave for the Christmas break.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
It is ok, it just means their expenses for the accountant didn't get picked up in the midday mail, because they were late and hadn't filled out all the forms for me to input, which means they wont be sent until Monday and they will be lucky to see their money before they leave for the Christmas break.
And I'm sure you're just heartbroken for them -- I know I would be -- NOT!
post #13 of 13
I would have been if I was sending mine with theirs, but I had so many receipts from mailing Christmas stuff that I sent them last week
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Inserting a Link?