The pain is overwhelming!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is a catsite,, but I lost my princess.. My darling girl rotti.

We went out to feed our two dogs, Sheba and Spike last night, and my husband found Sheba dead in her dog house.

I'm in such shock, becuase she was fine, she just had a checkup and all was fine, and they have tarps around there kennels and about 8 bails of straw in their kennel and around their dog houses to help keep them warm, and usually they cuddle when it's this cold.. But she was dead.

Sheba was the "PERFECT" dog. She listened, and was loving and caring and never snipped, was protective of us, but not mean to others. She put up with the constant rescue efforts we did for a while there with the different dogs in and out to help rescue them. She was a mommy to the puppies, and a friend to those rescue doggies we were trying to find homes for. She was a lover to the stray cats, and of course the inside cats. She was for a "PERFECT DOG".. I love her soo much,, the pain is unbearable.. I haven't and can't stop crying,, i'm this huge leaky faucet. She was my baby, and my favorite... It was spike's turn this year to go trick or treating, she was supposed to go with us next year, and she loved that. We just bought a truck so the two of them could go places with us, and she never even got to ride in it.

The pain is too surreal, and the hurt is beyond words,, i feel like i just lost my best friend, and my child. I hurt, I really really really hurt.. I love you Sheba, and I'll miss you more then words can even express.. I'm soo sorry I wasn't with you when you died, my baby.. Rest In Peace,, I hope you and Polly are playing over the Rainbow Bridge!

((Sheba is on the left!!))

((Sheba is on the right of this picture))[/center]

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry
Rainbow Bridge is for all creatures great and small

What a gorgeous girl she is as well
When the time is right and you see Sheba again she'll let you know why she left so suddenly, but she's happy and healthy again over at the bridge.

Play happily sweet girl

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Sooo sorry to hear about your Rotti Sheba

My dad lost his Rotti not too long ago & he felt the same way you did...
He didn't want to get another puppy but he ended up getting a new Rotti Pup

We hope you feel better even though this is so hard to deal with

Rest In Peace Beautiful Sheba
Play the day away with all the other pets

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, how hard to lose a loved pup unexpectedly
I am so sorry you had to lose Sheba

May she rest in peace and have fun over at RB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for being so sweet and so kind..

it was dark last night, and the ground is full of snow, and a bit cold. So my dear husband is going to try to bury her today. I can't wait for it to be over. I just want her to rest in peace..

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear about your Sheba. She was a lovely dog and it must be horrible to loose her so unexpectedly. RIP happy rottie girl.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your beloved dog.

My cat died two months ago, and yes, at the beginning the grief is just horrifically overwhelming, to the point where it seems unbearable. But it does get "better" in the sense that the initial (by that, I mean first month or longer) tidal wave of grief gradually gives way to a softer sorrow that's just kind of a constant companion. Sometimes it erupts still into tears; sometimes the tears stay just under the surface.

But the initial grief is agony. I'm so sorry you have to go through it.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brokenheart

I'm so sorry about your beloved dog.

My cat died two months ago, and yes, at the beginning the grief is just horrifically overwhelming, to the point where it seems unbearable. But it does get "better" in the sense that the initial (by that, I mean first month or longer) tidal wave of grief gradually gives way to a softer sorrow that's just kind of a constant companion. Sometimes it erupts still into tears; sometimes the tears stay just under the surface.

But the initial grief is agony. I'm so sorry you have to go through it.
Thank you for your kind words.. Yes the grief is very agony filled.. We buried her last night, and it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. Spike went with us to do it, and he whined and whined when we had to cover her up... It was HORRIBLE...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the unexpected loss of your girl Sheba, what a terrible shock

RIP Sheba

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry about your little girl... I lost my baby boy on the 16th and the greif is still there. I cried reading your thread and Im so sorry!! It is so hard to lose a pet, because they're not just a pet, they're a member of the family! I consider my kitties as children, as it sounds you do too. I hope things get better for you and your Spike.

RIP Sweet Sheba, Play at the Bridge and have a good day out...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness that is terrible. RIP girl. How sad and unexpected

I hope you find peace soon. Our fur babies are no different than our skin babies when it comes to love!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AngelKitty: When I Buried Glitch my husband wasn't home and I had to dig myself. My other kitty BooBoo licked him, headbutted him and tried to wake him up... After words he ran around the house screaming, not eating, not drinking or anything. They ended up putting him on anxiety meds. Burrying Glitch was one of the hardest things I ever did, and I bet it was that way for you too! How are you and your Spike doing today? Is he maintaining? I bet you and him are very lonesome!

May Your Baby Rest In Piece, And Visit In Your Dreams

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

AngelKitty: When I Buried Glitch my husband wasn't home and I had to dig myself. My other kitty BooBoo licked him, headbutted him and tried to wake him up... After words he ran around the house screaming, not eating, not drinking or anything. They ended up putting him on anxiety meds. Burrying Glitch was one of the hardest things I ever did, and I bet it was that way for you too! How are you and your Spike doing today? Is he maintaining? I bet you and him are very lonesome!

May Your Baby Rest In Piece, And Visit In Your Dreams
Glitch,
Thank you very much for the kind words. It was horrible, and it's even more horrible every day I have to drive by her grave site.. I just cry or a tear comes down my face.. We aren't over it by any means. Spike is doing horrible.. He doesn't stop whining and crying and being down right lonely. He's driving us crazy. WE can't do anything to make him happy. He doesn't like cats, so I can't bring him inside because he'll try to hurt my chessy and angel. So he has to be outside, we made him a spot in the garage area to get him out of the kennel and it doesn't matter, he whines and whines. It's very trying right now. We don't want to get another dog, because we want to wait till we get a home we own so we can work it out so he can be inside all the time.. Right now it is just time..