Awesome Song

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard this song in ages. It's a classic, I love it!

Same with this one:

Enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a headbanger at heart but I also love and appreciate classic rock. I've been on a kick lately listening to a lot of Deep Purple, The Guess Who, Rainbow, Led Zeppelin, Steppenwolf, etc. There's a ton of great music from the 1960's and 70's.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Same with this one:

Enjoy!
I love Rainbow

Ronnie James Dio's voice is great and all, but some of Rainbow's catchiest songs were with Joe Lynn Turner (who is still making a lot of great music).

Do you know/like UFO and Uriah Heep, too? They seem to be under appreciated, but both are great bands.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I love Rainbow

Ronnie James Dio's voice is great and all, but some of Rainbow's catchiest songs were with Joe Lynn Turner (who is still making a lot of great music).

Do you know/like UFO and Uriah Heep, too? They seem to be under appreciated, but both are great bands.
I always thought that "Man on the Silver Mountain" was a Dio song and not Rainbow.
Joe Lynn Turner is pretty good singer, I like his stuff with Rainbow.

UFO is another classic band. They had some pretty notable members, too. Michael Schenker (left the Scorpions to join), Pete Way (later helped form the band Fastway with "Fast" Eddie Clark after he left Motorhead) and Larry Wallis who later helped to found the aforementioned Motorhead. UFO has a ton of good songs. They were another one of the early metal/hard rock bands.

I'm not all that familiar with Uriah Heap.

I'm not familiar with 311 either so I clicked on AnneRiceBowl's links. They have a nice sound, not exactly my cup of tea but they are good.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
311 has been around for about 15 years and are from Omaha, NE (where I live now). I first heard them when I was living in Savannah, GA, and it's a coincidence that I live here. lol

I like a very wide variety of music that covers all genres.

I haven't heard anything from Uriah Heap in a very long time. I will have to look for some of their stuff! I really liked them!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that about 311, they've been around for a while. I was under the impression that they were a newer band.

I have to get to bed in a few minutes (work nights) but have been listening to some Doobie Brothers, Triumph and some classic KISS.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, I haven't listened to any of those in a loooooong time. I really need to brush-up and catch-up with American music...