other forums which talk about dealing with cats

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello

I am apart of a poultry forum and sometimes someone will message and complain about cats

well then all these people start talking about horrific ways they have killed cats or ways they have used to kill them etc.

i am trying to educate them in better solutions rather then murdering the poor cats

but im all out of fight now, is there anything anyone here could do? I feel if they were educated better maybe the situation would change but they are just so hard core and when they talk about shooting cats in the head only to have the cat still survive and run off screaming i just get so heart broken and lose my ability to argue rationally as i just wanna scream and swear at them

i have raised poultry and cats for years and years never had a problem but no one ever wants to listen to the methods ive used to have such a happyt peaceful existence

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have raised poultry, and I have kitties too. They can live in harmony together. My cats never bother the chickens. Being uneducated about the matter is one thing, but these people sound like they know there are other alternatives, but are too stubborn to bother to change. I'm pretty sure what their doing is illegal, maybe try to figure out if theres a way to report them? Also I would talk to the forum administrator, they shouldn't be allowing talk like that on their site.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

Hello

I am apart of a poultry forum and sometimes someone will message and complain about cats

well then all these people start talking about horrific ways they have killed cats or ways they have used to kill them etc.

i am trying to educate them in better solutions rather then murdering the poor cats

but im all out of fight now, is there anything anyone here could do? I feel if they were educated better maybe the situation would change but they are just so hard core and when they talk about shooting cats in the head only to have the cat still survive and run off screaming i just get so heart broken and lose my ability to argue rationally as i just wanna scream and swear at them

i have raised poultry and cats for years and years never had a problem but no one ever wants to listen to the methods ive used to have such a happyt peaceful existence
My fiances parents haven't had that problem either. If anything it is foxes that are the killers in that area. Their outdoor kitty Timmy may every once in a while catch a mouse (or if it's a little bird he gets scolded) but he knows not to go after chickens, he was taught from a young age not to attack them.

They have anywhere up to 50-100 chickens & ducks. The puppies don't go after them either.

I think some people really have not been properly educated.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it's a commercial poultry farm, I know in class (I have a BS in poultry science) I learned that cats carry salmonella and that's why you aren't supposed to keep cats on poultry farms (it's no reason to kill them though
). Not sure if that's why they are saying they're killing them. But when I was a kid, we had about 10 or more cats and lots of chickens but our cats never bothered them, instead they just ignored them. It was mostly just opossums, owls, hawks and coyotes thinning the population. Either that or a pack of roaming dogs might be getting them. Are they penned up at night in some type of enclosure to protect them? Or are they disappearing during the day? If it's at night, then there is really no telling what is getting their birds.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you pm'ed any of the mods about it? It might help to point out that the posters actions and discussing the animal abuse they've done, which is in most places is illegal, might not be something they want their posters discussing on a public forum?
Nothing works better then using the words "crime" and "illegal" to get reaction.

Some mods on a reptile forum I post on were letting people get away with talking about such things -one poster said they shoot their dog with a bb gun, and another said they kicked their mother's cat...
I posted that animal abuse is illegal and there hasn't been anymore posts like that. I think the mods finally realized they shouldn't allow that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also I would talk to the forum administrator, they shouldn't be allowing talk like that on their site.

ive already done that and the mods gave me a warning that i was close to being banned lol

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

Also I would talk to the forum administrator, they shouldn't be allowing talk like that on their site.

ive already done that and the mods gave me a warning that i was close to being banned lol
The moderator threatened to ban you for reporting them? :censor::censor::censor:? If I were you I'd report them to whomever their forum provider is. Their probably breaking the terms of service by allowing that kind of talk. If not I'd leave the forum, and join one that does not allow that sort of talk.

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
all the poultry forums dont have hearts when it comes to predatory animals they are the same way about dogs

many of them talk about shooting dogs as well they find on their land

Poultry are such delicate creatures have almost no defenses and are easily killed by anything, almost EVERYTHING wants to eat them

I guess its hard to understand there mantality because many of you have not kept poultry. Poultry are much much more fragile then cats and while house cats only have 1 or 2 predators that are able to kill them with ease poultry have like 100, I have kept poultry/ducks many years and have lost so many to predators when I cant get them to go in their coops at night or if something manages to get one sneaky during the day

YES I have to admit one of my pet cats became my pet in the first place because he ripped a whole in my poultry cage and ate one of my birds. HE was so skinnny and sickly it broke my heart so i took him in and fed him and he turned out to be a great pet ever since!

He is the sweetest cat he ONLY ate the chicken cause he was starving now baby chicks crawl all over him when hes outside he doesnt care at all!

But i think im one of the few who even loves and admires wild predators like foxes and coyotes I hate to see any animal die at the hands of humans I think we have made them all suffer enough.. We TAAKE over THEIR land then we raise prey species l ike ducks and poultry then KILL THEM FOR for taking PREY on THEIR land!

MOst poultry owners dont see this and they become psychotic and sadistic, they laugh and make jokes at the ways they kill predatory species because they have such an extreme hate for them! This fires me up but what makes me insanly angree is when they bring domestic cats into the picture! Dealing with a domestic cat is so much easier then dealing with a fox or a coyote! Most of these cats are just abondoned pets but yet these farmers still shoot them and kill them in horrible manners they treat them like vermin

all people like me can really do is try to see how horrible they are being and maybe make them see things through the animals point of view

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was defending cats tryin to express how what they were doing to them was so bad/evil the mod sent me a personal msg saying i better watch myself or they will bann me lol I was bringing out the true nature of their crimes committed on cats and it really really fired some people up because they began feeling guilty of the horrible things they have done then they began lashing out trying to defend themselves

I think u guys know how it goes specially those of you wo have worked with feral cats for years. U know the way human mentality is and how humans act when they know they have done wrong they just keep trying to justify it

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible you upset some mod's favorite on there? With the other behavior that's happening that certainly wouldn't be surprising.
Report them for if you can and cut your losses and leave. That's really all you can do.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not defending any cruelty to animals, but I will say that in a lot of western states, I believe that it is still legal to shoot critters that attack your poultry, cows, sheep, etc.

Don't attack me, I am NOT defending this practice, just highlighting a different point of view.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I am not defending any cruelty to animals, but I will say that in a lot of western states, I believe that it is still legal to shoot critters that attack your poultry, cows, sheep, etc.

Don't attack me, I am NOT defending this practice, just highlighting a different point of view.
Shoot, yes. Torturing them -no.