cat rooms?

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else here with multiple cats keep cat rooms in their house? rooms just meant for the cats in case you have to go away for a couple of days or a place to put them when they are just way to much to handle?

Room would be full of scraching posts toys litter boxes, tables, couches (that they can shred)

I wonder if im the only one who always does this lol

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats and I share a room. I have a corner for my computer and the rest is full of a cat tree, large ottoman, a loveseat, blankets, toys, scratching post, and litter box.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, but I have a very large dog crate set up with a litter box and a bed in case someone needs a "time out" for a little while, LOL.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. We just have cat beds in everyroom and tons of scratching pads. They even have double toys....one set for each floor.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you mean... all but half a room is for the girls/....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but when I was breeding my rexes, I fixed up the basement as the cattery with treehouses, litter pans, etc.

If we need to confine them now, its either in the basement or library room for a few hrs.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My bedroom is the cat room. Ophelia essentially lives in there....with her "issues" & all.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a work in progress. The cats have their own room, full of scratchers, scratching posts, toys, shelves, and window access to a new outdoor enclosure. One day, I'll get it all finished enough to post pictures of the entire thing.

But, the room is just a place for them to go to get away from hoomans. They have 24/7 access to the rest of the house as well

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

My bedroom is the cat room. Ophelia essentially lives in there....with her "issues" & all.
Ophelia has NO issues.. it is the world that has issues she is just being her

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one room that is the cats room only.
She cats around all over the place as she pleases but is the sole kitty in a house full of dogs. It is in case kitty needs a break from dogs. No dogs allowed zone. A very tall baby gate is put in the doorway. The dogs can't get into her food, toys, or litter. She has some cat trees in there too.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Ophelia has NO issues.. it is the world that has issues she is just being her
Rrriiiiggghhhhtttt....

Good old Ophelia Rose.....

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maisie has her own big room ( my old bedroom! ) because Kitty is really not happy with me having anouther cat

It`s all set up for her comfort and entertainment and she seems happy but all she wants to do is sleep as she`s old and not been too well.

The last few weeks though she has been coming out in the evening for a look around while Kitty is out doing his business and Kitty has popped in to see her a few times now ( he`s more interested in the food she`s left
) with out going off in one of his sulks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
gingers mom wow u have verpretty cats what kinds are they ?

is the tortie the boss of the house?

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats have their own cat room
It has a 3 story cat sized mansion with a basement underneath (its a table the house sits on), a guest house, a kitty toy box full of all types of toys, hanging toys, & other misc items. They love it!
We've put a lot of effort into it

Around the house is different areas of their kitty city. We have made a little kitty village with a cafe with food. We have given them cabinets that most people would use for decorations but now they are the cats sleeping area. The biggest cabinet is called the penthouse suite because it has 3 levels. We have kitty highways around our ceilings. We have been waiting till we buy a digital camera to take photos

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

gingers mom wow u have verpretty cats what kinds are they ?

is the tortie the boss of the house?
Awww, thank you!

Ginger is a DLH shelter rescue, just a little tiny moggie girl and my first cat. I adopted her when she was about 8 weeks old, though she may have been a little younger.

Ferris is a DLH feral rescue, a moggie boy who came second at about 12 weeks old. He has worked hard to overcome his fears and to learn to trust, and he is now a very loving 13 pound baby.

Penny is a marbled Bengal, and her nephew Max is a spotted Bengal, and they both joined us just this year. I adopted them from another TCS member, Kai Bengals.
They are both purebred, and I have not yet registered Max with TICA, but I will be doing so shortly.

Ginger, being the tortie with the 'tude, is most definitely Ms. Queen Bosscat, but little 9 month old Max is an Alpha male and is giving Ginger and Ferris some serious competition.

He keeps pushing the boundaries, trying to assert his dominance over the others, but so far, only Penny is letting him get away with it. (She's pretty irritated that he's bumped her from her "Only Bengal" status.)

Thank you for asking!