What is wrong with me?!? May be TMI, ladies only please!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having a lot of "female" problems lately, and don't really have any female friends or family members to turn to so I'm hoping some of you can offer me some advice.

My first thought is that I could be pregnant. I've thought that before, and turned out to not be so I don't want to overreact about that again.

I've got a notebook and I've been keeping track of all of my symptoms and dates that they start (when I remember!) in hopes that I can find a pattern or something. I apologize in advance if this is too long or is too much info.

11/9 - First day of my last period. It came about 2 days earlier than normal.

11/21 - I was really hungry, more than normal. I made myself a peanut butter sandwich for dinner. About five minutes after I ate, I felt like I was going to throw up. The nausea was so awful. I felt bad for about an hour and then hungry again. I ate a handful of oyster crackers and I was fine after that. I thought maybe I just didn't eat enough. But the nausea kept on, and every day since I have gone back and forth between extreme hunger and extreme nausea.

11/24 - Thanksgiving, John and I went to the store that morning and I felt really sick walking around the store. I had just eaten a doughnut before we left, so I didn't think it was hunger. Every single smell in the place made the nausea worse and I just couldn't wait to get out of there. By the time we got home, I was starving and we ate Thanksgiving dinner.

Around that day, I started having really bad discharge. It felt like I had gotten my period, but every time I went to the bathroom it was nothing but clearish discharge. I've never experienced that before and it's happened every day since then.

12/4 - I used the bathroom and there was a small amount of brownish discharge on the TP, and I had mild cramping like I was going to start my period. I expected to start, but nothing. All day the discharge was there at random, sometimes brownish and other times pinkish.... and other times there was nothing. That has kept up all day today as well. I keep expecting my period to start any second because of the way I feel and the discharge but there's nothing.

I've had a ton of other symptoms as well... bloating, awful fatigue, sore breasts, and really really bad forgetfullness. And John tells me I'm very "mood swingy" lately, which I'll admit that he is right. I'll feel happy one minute and sad the next for no reason. BUT, I think the mood swings could be stress related because of my almost constant worrying about what could be wrong with me. Oh, and it's not a symptom but I've noticed all of the cats have been extra affectionate towards me lately. I told John they're trying to tell me that something is wrong with me, but he doesn't believe me.

When I told John what's going on, he rubbed my belly and said "junior", and laughed. He did that several times over a few days. He's a brat. I told him he wouldn't find it quite so funny if it turned out to be true... and then he stopped saying it.

I don't want to take a test, at least not yet.. it's too soon anyway. Please tell me there's something else that could be wrong with me!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are worried that you could be pregnant, the best thing for you is to buy a test from the chemist to rule things out. And if it is negative, then it would be good for your health and peace of mind to see your gp.

I have had these kind of scares before, and there seemed to be no reason behind them. Apart from needing to lose weight and my blood pressure goes up and down, i have no other big problems. Sometimes i would wake up feeling a bit sick, lay down and then it passed in 10 minutes.

It could be your diet, you may have an allergic reaction to something.

Take a pregnancy test before all else. It's the only way to know.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming you're too young to be going through menopause.
I'm going through it myself, and I have terrible mood swings plus irregular periods: sometimes there isn't much bleeding, and other times there is..

I would get one of those home pregnancy tests like Dragoriana suggested - then you'll know. If it's turns out to be negative, a visit to your gynocologist might be in order..

~KK~

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmmmm, hard to tell. Sounds possible though but I never had any discharge when I was first pregnant with my kids. A preg test is always the best way to find out one way or the other and you can do them any time of the day now...
keep us posted

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you said you don't want to hun, but I would take a preg test "just in case".

Is this something that goes on during all of your periods?

Personally my periods are dependent on stress levels. If I'm really stressed, I've been know to have 2 periods in a month.

Otherwise I would make an appointment with a doctor. Are you on any birth control at all? If not, your whole illness could be hormone related and some form of regulated hormones may be needed.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds kind of like you want to be pregnant, and are maybe focusing on the pregnancy symptoms? Either that or you're pregnant

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
Take a pregnancy test to set your mind at rest, are you on a birth control pill or injection? the hormones could be making your body do these strange things, even if you have been on the same birth control pill/injection and not had problems before.

Anything strange should be checked out by a doctor, your body is trying to tell you something.

Set your mind at rest and go see your doctor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just turned 21, so I doubt it. But I suppose weirder things have happened!

Is this something that goes on during all of your periods?
No, this has never happened before. One other time I thought I may be pregnant because I had a lot of nausea and I was 4 days late on my period but all of these other symptoms are something new.

It sounds kind of like you want to be pregnant, and are maybe focusing on the pregnancy symptoms?
Well, I don't really want to be. But I've considered the possibility that I have the symptoms because I'm afraid I might be.

are you on a birth control pill or injection?
Nope, not at all.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some women actually do have symptoms when they ovulate, and a lot of women have a discharge like that around the time of ovulation (if you are a natural family planner, which I only know a tiny bit about, that is actually a sign of ovulation). Some women also have some period like spotting when the fertilized egg implants.

If I were you I would take a pregnancy test.

Edited to add, with my first child my first symptom was extreme fatigue. With my second it was having to pee all the time, and with the third it was EXTREME moodyness.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hon, if you are NOT pregnant -- and I think you ought to find out about that very soon -- then there could be something pretty serious going on, something that's drastically affecting your hormone balance. One way or the other, you really need to get to the bottom of this... don't waste any time, please?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would recommend going out and picking up a First Response pregnancy test and take it ASAP. You aren't on BC and think you might be preggers. So you should find out soon.

If you get a negative, schedule an appointment with your doctor. Right away. Of course if it's positive, you still have to schedule an appointment.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you changed birth control recently?

What birth control are you on?

Have you always been irregular?

I've had a lot of scares that I really had little reason to be scared, but anyhow... Your brain is a VERY powerful thing. If you think you are pregnant or worry excessively about it your body could start acting as if it were pregnant.

I'm ALWAYS regular, to the day every time, even within the same few hours. When I first had sex I was 18 and was on birth control. I've NEVER been late until after I had sex, I was FOUR days late! I was having a cow, and I was worried from the day I had sex (with protection) that I was pregnant. I had lot of pregnant symptoms, but it was all in my head....

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

11/24 - Thanksgiving, John and I went to the store that morning and I felt really sick walking around the store. I had just eaten a doughnut before we left, so I didn't think it was hunger. Every single smell in the place made the nausea worse and I just couldn't wait to get out of there. By the time we got home, I was starving and we ate Thanksgiving dinner.

Around that day, I started having really bad discharge. It felt like I had gotten my period, but every time I went to the bathroom it was nothing but clearish discharge. I've never experienced that before and it's happened every day since then.
Well, I can tell you that I had these very same symptoms with my youngest daughter. That's how I knew I was pregnant. Everytime I started cooking something and get a good whiff, I'd get sick. And the discharge can be from your body producing the extra hormones that a pregnancy needs. I think you need to get the test, too! Or at least see your doctor!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm going through it myself, and I have terrible mood swings plus irregular periods: sometimes there isn't much bleeding, and other times there is..

I would get one of those home pregnancy tests like Dragoriana suggested - then you'll know. If it's turns out to be negative, a visit to your gynocologist might be in order..

~KK~
Sometimes a cyst or a fibroid can cause odd symptoms...I would take the test just to rule it out...better yet, go to the doctor. Good luck it's nothing serious.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

~KK~
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Sometimes a cyst or a fibroid can cause odd symptoms...I would take the test just to rule it out...better yet, go to the doctor. Good luck it's nothing serious.
It's menopause.
I'm 49 years old..

Besides, there's 3 reasons I know I'M not pregnant: For one thing, I'm too old, and I also had a tubal ligation in my late 30's. Besides, I'm not sexually active right now, so I know it's not possible - unless God sees fit to make me the next Virgin Mary..

~KK~

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And don't necessarily trust the pregnancy test if it says it's negative - I did 7 pregnancy tests over a few weeks (which were all negative) before a blood test finally confirmed I was pregnant!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

Take a pregnancy test to set your mind at rest, are you on a birth control pill or injection? the hormones could be making your body do these strange things, even if you have been on the same birth control pill/injection and not had problems before.

Anything strange should be checked out by a doctor, your body is trying to tell you something.

Set your mind at rest and go see your doctor.
I totally agree with you. It does sound a lot like the symptoms that I had when my hormone levels were out of wack because I was stressed out.