Yankee Candle

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ordered from this place in the last month? I placed an order on November 15th. I just received an email that it will not be shipped before December 10th. Anyone else having issues?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, i've never ordered anything online from them. I would be a bit irritated though seeing how you ordered back in Nov and they're just now notifying you it will be late. Perhaps you could drop them a little email and let them know that this is not acceptable or something like that. I'm sure they're just busy with holiday orders/etc....but still- you should not have to wait that long. Will it be in before Christmas?

I've only purchased things from them in our local store- and they were always friendly/nice. I hope that you are able to get your stuff in soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

No, i've never ordered anything online from them. I would be a bit irritated though seeing how you ordered back in Nov and they're just now notifying you it will be late. Perhaps you could drop them a little email and let them know that this is not acceptable or something like that. I'm sure they're just busy with holiday orders/etc....but still- you should not have to wait that long. Will it be in before Christmas?

I've only purchased things from them in our local store- and they were always friendly/nice. I hope that you are able to get your stuff in soon!
They have an announcement on their site now too. They can't promise any orders will be make it for Christmas. Thankfully I only 1 of the billion candles is a Christmas Gift. I was thinking of cancelling but after seeing the website announcement, I just know the stores are going to be empty now too.

I just feel bad for those who did order gifts.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would assume that the delay is probbably because of the holiday season. Their probably getting overwhelmed with orders. I would expect a little bit of a delay this time of the year, but almost a month? That seems a bit too long.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I would assume that the delay is probbably because of the holiday season. Their probably getting overwhelmed with orders. I would expect a little bit of a delay this time of the year, but almost a month? That seems a bit too long.
I agree! Here I thought I was beating the mad rush of Christmas orders.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know about online, but I went into one of their stores the day after Thanksgiving.....must....stay....away!!! Yankee candle store might be my excuse to actually go to the mall

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they are offering $15 off any order over $45 in store only. I figured with my luck if I cancel the order and go to the mall, everything I wanted will be out of stock. I have a feeling many people are doing just that.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh, I am SO jealous of you Americans - I miss Yankee Candle - it is one of the things I miss the most about the US.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well it's worth trying the mall don't you think? You could cancel then. They must have had something happen or been very unprepared for the holiday rush or something! But actually they aren't the only website I've noticed an announcement like that on.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got the same email--except they said mine SHOULD be shipped out before Dec 17! I ordered Christmas gifts for people so I was really hoping that it would come in but I guess I am going to be a little late with presents this year.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Mom just tried to order online and told me about the site anouncement. She phoned in instead and they never said anything about the order being late.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go to the mall buy anything that they do have and then cancel portions of the order...or if you can't cancel portions, just return the stuff that you did wind up getting when it gets there.

That is nuts though that their online store wasn't prepared for the holidays

We use to order from Lakeside collection and often times it would "arrive" after we cancelled the order.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I would go to the mall buy anything that they do have and then cancel portions of the order...or if you can't cancel portions, just return the stuff that you did wind up getting when it gets there.

That is nuts though that their online store wasn't prepared for the holidays

We use to order from Lakeside collection and often times it would "arrive" after we cancelled the order.
Don't get me started with Lakeside. LoL

Yea I wouldn't make it to the store until late next week though

Thankfully it was just stuff for me.