Bah Humbug

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else not feeling the Christmas spirit this year? While I normally LOVE Christmas, this year I just can't get into it. I have no desire to put up my tree or to decorate.

Help get me out of this bah humbug kinda mood.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I won't be any help. I've done NO decorating at home and slightly resent that I had to put up our office decorations when it's another woman in our office who's worried about not decorating for the holiday. Why couldn't she do it if she's so concerend about it?!

On the other hand, I'm VERY into the gift giving. I'm excited to give out the gifts I've bought and see everyone's reaction. You don't need decorations to enjoy the holiday and it's not even really about presents. Heck, I don't even celebrate the christian aspect of the holiday... for me, it's simply a time for family to come together and enjoy one another. No need for presents or a tree for that.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Christmas but every year I get depressed. I don't even have anything to get sad about, it just happens. It's not constant either so it's not a big deal.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We quit decorated for holidays over 3 years ago. Just not into decorating anymore. We did put some lights up but they are staying up all year. The only part of christmas that we like is the gift giving & recieving gifts is fun too. Love seeing the expression on peoples faces when they open your gift that you put so much thought into. Thats the greatest! Love putting smiles on peoples faces

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am never really into Christmas. I love giving people presents, and shopping but I don't decorate or anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG, what's wrong with all of us... Well, I decided last evening that I refuse to be in a bah humbug mood any longer. So, DH & I are decorating the house and putting up the tree this weekend.

Come on everyone, follow my lead - it may help cheer your spirits. And, if it doesn't right away, just have a few cocktails while you're decorating LOL

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

OMG, what's wrong with all of us... Well, I decided last evening that I refuse to be in a bah humbug mood any longer. So, DH & I are decorating the house and putting up the tree this weekend.

Come on everyone, follow my lead - it may help cheer your spirits. And, if it doesn't right away, just have a few cocktails while you're decorating LOL
I wouldn't even have time to decorate until after the 13th. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't still tie one on and watch the lights we still have up from last year!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Normally I love Christmas, but Usva's death has taken away my Holiday spirit this year. I go through the motions, but my heart is not in it.

Glad you got over it.