How much did you weigh when you were born?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family has a tradition of passing down the children their baby books/albums when they are adults (usually right before they get married.) It started with my Polish grandma and they've kept it up all these years. Tonight it was turn
My mom gave me all of my baby albums/books. I just got home not too long ago and had a chance to look through them- man, i am soo emotional over it all! I found a letter from my Pop (grandad) to my mom congratulating him on the new baby (me). I started crying when i read how sweet it was - he passed on years ago, and to this day i still miss him like crazy...so reading that, it was just soo sweet!

Among all the letters/pictures/ etc....i stumbled upon the hosptial's birth info sheet about me. Turns out i was 6lbs 13 oz and 20" long. I was born at 2:04pm on july 29, 1985. I just thought it was interesting to know that!
Do any of you know how much you weighed or how long you were when you were born?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

My family has a tradition of passing down the children their baby books/albums when they are adults (usually right before they get married.) It started with my Polish grandma and they've kept it up all these years. Tonight it was turn
My mom gave me all of my baby albums/books. I just got home not too long ago and had a chance to look through them- man, i am soo emotional over it all! I found a letter from my Pop (grandad) to my mom congratulating him on the new baby (me). I started crying when i read how sweet it was - he passed on years ago, and to this day i still miss him like crazy...so reading that, it was just soo sweet!

Among all the letters/pictures/ etc....i stumbled upon the hosptial's birth info sheet about me. Turns out i was 6lbs 13 oz and 20" long. I was born at 2:04pm on july 29, 1985. I just thought it was interesting to know that!
Do any of you know how much you weighed or how long you were when you were born?
Omg you're younger than me?!?!?!!?!?

Completely off topic...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born during the Young and the Restless on March 2nd 1987! But I was only around 5 lbs and pretty sickly. I had surgery at 1 week old because my heart was outside of my ribcage and turned sideways and my chest bone wasnt formed. And I was in a medicated coma for another week
So BIG surgery for me! Its actually on video at a local nursing school
Oh yea and my parents were making hospital payments on me until I was 4 so I always joke that I was financed! But I turned out perfectly normal. And thats also the reason I'm an only child! Its pretty cool I think.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was born at 8 something am (my mom can't remember the exact time) on September 22, 1981 and I think I was 6lbs. I don't know how long I was.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was 7lb 14oz, 21 inches long and I was born at 1:09pm. Mom likes to re-hash the whole thing ever year. Usually the conversation starts something like, "Lets see, at this time I was......" She starts that up a day or so before hand too. Gotta love Moms!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was born at 9:36AM, about 30 seconds after my sister. I was 3 or 4 lbs. I was premature and my sister was the dominant (aka life-sucking) twin. I was born in 1983.

We could always look at our baby books. Mine has my first Valentine's Day card in it. My dad made it.

Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Omg you're younger than me?!?!?!!?!?

Completely off topic...
I guess so
When is your birthday?

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I was born during the Young and the Restless on March 2nd 1987! But I was only around 5 lbs and pretty sickly. I had surgery at 1 week old because my heart was outside of my ribcage and turned sideways and my chest bone wasnt formed. And I was in a medicated coma for another week
So BIG surgery for me! Its actually on video at a local nursing school
Oh yea and my parents were making hospital payments on me until I was 4 so I always joke that I was financed! But I turned out perfectly normal. And thats also the reason I'm an only child! Its pretty cool I think.
During the Young & the Restless? That's a fitting title
How funny! Seriously though- you poor thing- sounds like you were quite a sickly baby
I'm glad you're ok now! That's very good!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I was 21 inches long and weighed 5 pounds 7 1/2 ounces. I was born March 1, 1962 at 1:13am
5lbs 7.5oz? you were a little one!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I was 7lb 14oz, 21 inches long and I was born at 1:09pm. Mom likes to re-hash the whole thing ever year. Usually the conversation starts something like, "Lets see, at this time I was......" She starts that up a day or so before hand too. Gotta love Moms!
My mom retells the story of my birth every year on my birthday too

Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I was born at 9:36AM, about 30 seconds after my sister. I was 3 or 4 lbs. I was premature and my sister was the dominant (aka life-sucking) twin. I was born in 1983.

We could always look at our baby books. Mine has my first Valentine's Day card in it. My dad made it.

Tricia
I didn't know you were a twin!

Originally Posted by catlover19

I was 6 pounds, not sure how many ounces. I was born on August 6, 1986 at 5:37am.
You have the same birthday as one of my friends!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was born at 2:32 pm and was a little over 5lbs...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

During the Young & the Restless? That's a fitting title
How funny! Seriously though- you poor thing- sounds like you were quite a sickly baby
I'm glad you're ok now! That's very good!!
Yep! It was my moms favorite soap opera too. And its also Jon Bon Jovi's Birthday who she claims as her New Jersey boyfriend! LOL! And yea I was pretty sick but its okay cos it makes for a cool story to tell when people ask about my scar.

Originally Posted by Green Bunny

Tricia
LOL the life-sucking twin comment made me laugh out loud!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born at 2:15 in the afternoon on December 11, 1956. I was about 5 pounds, 14 ounces. Don't know how long.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

I guess so
When is your birthday?
Feb 15 1984
i just assumed because you said you were getting married and you sound so mature

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo i found my little book of measurements and immunisations! Ahh the oldest thing i have. I was born February 15th, 1984 at 5:35am. I was due Valentines.

Mum says i was 8.2 1/2 pounds or 3710gms.

There isn't a measurement for my birth but the first time i visited the infant welfare centre (somewhere between birth and 3 months old) it says i was 52cm or 20.2 inches

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born at 5.11am on September 28, 1986. I weighed in at 7lb 6oz and was 22.5inches long. (Mum was in labour for 72hours) And she still went on have 3 more after me

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weighed 4 lbs 3 ozs. I was 18 inches long.Mom had me 2 months premature.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born November 27, 1986 (Thanksgiving Day!) at 12:11 PM. I was 9 pounds, 10 ounces and no clue how long I was.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was 9 lbs., 10 oz., 23" long, born at 1:30 AM, on July 30th (won't divulge the year, so there!) I had 3 older brothers (no sisters), and yet, I was the largest one at birth. Now, at 5ft, 1/2", I'm the smallest and lightest! I grew fast when I was very young; everyone thought I'd be unusually tall!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

I was born at 5.11am on September 28, 1986. I weighed in at 7lb 6oz and was 22.5inches long. (Mum was in labour for 72hours) And she still went on have 3 more after me
My mother was in and out of false labor (it was induced) for almost a week, with my first brother (my brothers are all very much older than me; I was born late in my parents' lives, which accounts for how Mom had induced labor, due to the bombing in Birmingham, during WWII). Robert was her first baby, and many women went into labor during air raids, due to fear, etc., and he was 10 days late, do they induced labor. She was about 19-20 years old, and very naive. Dad, an American, was off in the war. Mom got married at age 17-18, and knew nothing about this stuff. She asked the midwife about birth, and the midwife said, "Didn't your husband explain any of this to you?" Mom's reply, "Oh, I haven't seen the baby's father since I got pregnant!" , which raised a few eyebrows! Mom has a habit of blurting out something that is not how she meant to phrase it!