Sympton check pls :S

titchysmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been making some phone calls today about my kitty because I noticed he's not himself, and I don't seem to be able to get a "it's possibly" out of any of them, just a "Bring him in as soon as possible" and that they aren't happy with the symptoms, and I have no idea what to expect when I'm standing in the vet surgery tomorrow (except a large bill), however i told my older sister what the vets said and she told me to "Brace myself". I must admit I am freaking out

The symptoms..

When I was stroking titch I noticed that his hips and lower spine were rather more prominent than usual but his belly was quite rounded and 'full'.

He has been obsessively cleaning himself and plucking himself so much he has bald patches, (I have taken him to the vets about this and they said it was a skin irritation, but even though I bathe him regularly, and I make sure he has no fleas, because hes an indoors cat)

His eyes are bigger than usual, I usually call him tiny eyes because they're like slits, but they're large and round a lot of the time now.

He is also still peeing up the walls, just in a different place, however, I noticed that there is blood in the urine. (he has had blood in his urine before and when i called the vets he said it was probably just cystitis and it would pass and to just make sure he drank and ate, and he didnt want / need to see him)

He is also feeling the cold a LOT, he's a heat hound, he sleeps on the boiler when its warm, goes under any blanket or cushion he can find to make a nest, and he even comes to me and asks to go under my top.

He also seems to be sleeping more than usual..

Can anyone give me an idea what could be happening with my baby? Please?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot believe a vet would tell you they didnt need to see him with blood in his urine. I hope you are not going to that same vet tomorrow.

The blood teeing on the walls, indicates urinary tract infection or possibly crystals that need to be treated with antibiotics really ASAP.

Im not sure about the tummy, hips and eyes though. Maybe someone will come along that can answer that.

You may even need to take him to and ER vet tonight, but someone may be able to give your a more accurate answer to that as well.

I hope your baby cat will be ok.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I cannot believe a vet would tell you they didnt need to see him with blood in his urine. I hope you are not going to that same vet tomorrow.

The blood teeing on the walls, indicates urinary tract infection or possibly crystals that need to be treated with antibiotics really ASAP.

Im not sure about the tummy, hips and eyes though. Maybe someone will come along that can answer that.

You may even need to take him to and ER vet tonight, but someone may be able to give your a more accurate answer to that as well.

I hope your baby cat will be ok.
Actually, she posted that she got a "bring him in as soon as possible" response when she called the vet. THe OP is looking for an armchair diagnosis here.

My feeling is that there is something seriously wrong with your cat, and that you DO need to bring him in ASAP. No one can give you a proper diagnosis without having him be seen and tested by the vet.

Many that they are able to calm your fears and give you some straight answers, and that he will be ok!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was speaking in general to a vet telling her they didnt need to see her kitty from this statement.

Originally Posted by titchysmomma

He is also still peeing up the walls, just in a different place, however, I noticed that there is blood in the urine. (he has had blood in his urine before and when i called the vets he said it was probably just cystitis and it would pass and to just make sure he drank and ate, and he didnt want / need to see him)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was speaking in general to a vet telling her they didnt need to see her kitty from this statement.
Gotcha, and I completely agree with you on that point!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What kind of vet advises against bringing in a cat that has blood in the urine?!

I agree. Please take your furbaby in to have this checked out (to a different vet) ASAP.

My first thought regarding the bloated tummy was FIP: isn't that one of the symptoms??

In any case, your furbaby needs to see a vet - the sooner, the better. Bloody urine is not a good thing...

I hope your baby will be okay!

~KK~