May I ask?

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How much do you spend a month on food?
Right now I buy a small bag of my dry kitten food for $11.99 a bag! And that lasts me at least a month (or did with just Raven anyway). And I have added their wet breakfast, I buy pouches and split 1 pouch between the 2 every morning, so that is about $15.00 a month.

I am asking because I have considered going completely over to wet food, or giving them two wet meals a day. I do not understand how you afford that? I mean, as they grow will they each need their own pouch? So if I fed 2 wet meals a day that would be 4 pouches a day! So a box of 12 would only last 3 days (instead of 12 days like it does now). I think at the most I can only feed them 1 wet meal a day.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spend about £35 ($72) a month on food
Most of that is on wet food as I get through 135 pouches of wet food a month and buy only a small amount of dry. I live on cheap food while they tuck into gourmet cat food
I do buy in bulk when it's on offer otherwise it would be more. Cat food, like just about everything else, does cost more over here than in the US though, so that's probably not much help.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
About $9 - $11 on dry, and $9 - $11 on wet, give or take a buck or two for treats.

So, about $20 per month (for one cat).

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wet food costs:

Penny: $30-31 per month

Ginger, Ferris & Max: $10.24 - $16.43 each

So.... a grand total of approx $40-46 per month on wet alone.

I don't even want to think about the dry costs - or the litter costs. I try to stay stocked up, so I buy in advance of when it is needed, and I try to get stuff on sale.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
On my personal cats I spend about $80 a month on food. Fosters are supplied with dry food but I supplement with wet which runs me at about $50 a month.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About $80 to $100, depending on my canned food supply (I buy by the case, and dry food I buy #40 at a time).

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have one cat.

He's fed a variety of canned foods (Evo, California Natural, Wellness) as well as a bit of dry food per day (Evo) just to keep him used to it. I spend about $30 per month on the canned food and if I prorate the huge bag of the Evo it probably comes to a total of $34.00 or so.

I'm thinking of taking him off of the dry completely and feeding him 1.5 cans per day of California Natural (he tolerates this better than the grain-frees I feed). It will be more expensive if I do so...about $55.00 per month.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I don't even want to think about the dry costs - or the litter costs. I try to stay stocked up, so I buy in advance of when it is needed, and I try to get stuff on sale.

Thank God my cats do well at cat shows - I get free dry for a few months at a time.

I really don't want to think how much my cat food bills are....or my litter bills for that matter!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoeys dry is only the tax much of the time about 2 buck for a 2 month bag( work for the company
) or it would be 25 for two month or 12.50 a month ( I try to only buy bonus bags with a extra lb or two ) ... canned food is about 10 a month as she is picky and doesn t eat much ... litter runs about 6 a month ( feline pine scoop( sale time I got 4 months for 13 $) with worlds best or sweeet scoop depends on sales) .... treats she like expensive about 10 a month ... no vet visits she runs about 75 a month

Gigi rund me about 250$ a month she eats 85% homemade( cooked) ... meds run about 100

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spend 50 to 75 dollars a month on Dexter and Sadie's wet and dry food.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fed Lucky and now Paws, bag of Evo $24.00 , bag of Chicken soup for Kittens $14.00. Lucky will only eat dry, I fed my semi-feral a mixture of Chicken soup and Purina one, she won't eat Evo so around $45 a month

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Around $40 for two cats montly- homemade with once or twice canned.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around $50 for one cat a month. Wet and dry, I need to be very careful what I feed Nikita, she doesn't do well on anything but very high quality food.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The exchange rate distorts things, but right now Jamie's wet food costs about $38 a month, and his dry another $15 - $20. I buy the canned food by the case; otherwise it would be a lot more.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much!!

Seriously, I'm not sure, but I think about $40.00-$50.00 on dry food, and about $30.00-$40.00 on the canned stuff - that includes my strays, too. But that's just an estimate off the top of my head..

Don't even ask how much we spend on vet bills...

~KK~

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmm... 1 adult and 2 kittens. Was buying a 4lb bag of nutro (weight mngmt.) and 1 8lb bag of nutro (kitten) a month.. So ~ $28 + the canned food...1 5.5 oz can a day... ~$17 = $45 a month.
I've just ordered what SHOULD be 4 months of food for all three (2, 16.5lb bags of EVO dry, a case of EVO ckn/tky, cal. nat. ckn/rice, and EVO beef) for $122.... So comes to around $30.50 a month. Hopefully this will work and I'll be feeding better food AND paying less!

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For my three, about $40 worth of canned. My younger two go through an 8lb bag of kitten food every 3 or 4 weeks at around $18 a bag on sale. So they cost around $60 a month in food.