Mary Poppins (scary) & The Shining (family fun)

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Seen them before, but they're always funny.
Goes to show how much music affects our perception of a picture.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that "Shining" one...so heartwarming

Truth be told, Mary Poppins always gave me the willies

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, why do they have to take good children's movies/characters and ruin them? I love the cute MP's that was such a wholesome movie for little kids to watch - can't imagine them making her scary - but seen the previews and it made me cringe that kids will be watching this!

Same for the Muppet movie that is more like Texas Chainsaw with blood/killing. Why ruin the cute Muppets?????

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Those are great

I had seen the Shinning one before, but the Mary Poppins is new to me.
There used to be one out there for the movie Seven, making it look like a romantic comedy. I wish I could find it again... Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman made such a cute couple

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen them before!!! They were brilliant. Sounds stupid, but I've never seen Mary Poppins, but that trailer would make me actually want to see it!!

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was never a Mary Poppins fan but that Shining trailer has made me want to see it again! That film scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

There used to be one out there for the movie Seven, making it look like a romantic comedy. I wish I could find it again... Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman made such a cute couple
I looked for it, is this it?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You know, why do they have to take good children's movies/characters and ruin them? I love the cute MP's that was such a wholesome movie for little kids to watch - can't imagine them making her scary - but seen the previews and it made me cringe that kids will be watching this!

Same for the Muppet movie that is more like Texas Chainsaw with blood/killing. Why ruin the cute Muppets?????
I don't think it ruined Mary Poppins or the Muppets at all. Any kid that is old enough to be watching videos on YouTube is old enough to either know what Mary Poppins and Muppets really are and not to take it seriously - or at least old enough to read that it's a spoof and not to be scared of that sort of trailer!

It's just a bit of fun