i am in shock...

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I let the dogs out for a normal potty break and carmella got outside...I yelled at dh to help me catch her he went one way and I went the other and we live in front of a highway
she was scared and running from us when we would get close to her. She walked into the road there were no cars coming at first so I went to get her( I had a can of tuna) and she ran into the other lane and was hit right in front of me
I keep thinking if I had of tried to get her some other way or something anything I could have saved her
i dont know what to do i feel so awful i cant stop crying...i just feel like it was all my fault...She was such a beautiful cat!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That must of been horrible.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Carmella.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness Sweetie ....... what an absolute tragic loss...... I am so deeply sorry that you are going through this.

Just know that she is now safe and everything is fine with her. Try to concentrate on the beautiful memories you have with her. It was just her time to go, no one can stop that. I will keep you so close in my thoughts and prayers.

Many hugs to you.

Rest In Peace Sweet baby.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Bless your heart
I know you are blaming yourself, but your sweet girl does not want you to do that, she doesn't blame you...not for a minute.

RIP Carmella, you beautiful sweet angel

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss. When something like this happens we all tend to 2nd guess ourselves and wonder if I had of done this or done that maybe it wouldn't not of happened. Don't beat yourself up you did at the time what you felt was best and it was a accident. R.I.P and hugs for you..

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How horrible for you, I'm so sorry. You are not to blame. RIP Carmella.

kittee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*HUG* How terrible.

Please forgive yourself. I'm am sure there was nothing more you could have done or not done to have changed it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry about Carmella. And especially that you had to witness it. Please don't feel like it is your fault though. You were trying to do your best to catch her and keep her safe. She just had other ideas. It's so sad but I don't see this as your fault. Bless your heart.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no
Soooo very sorry to hear that
Rest in Peace Beautiful Carmella
Sorry you had to go like that...

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo very very sorry.. Don't blame yourself... You'll go crazy doing that.. Just think of all the great times you had. I'm sooo sorry..

smsinga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As everyone has said, don't blame yourself; I lost my Moo Moo in May; we believe she was hit by car. I could not save her, I know she is with God and all my other pets at the bridge. waiting and playing, no longer in pain.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how horrible! I'm so very sorry for your loss; I can't imagine losing one of mine that way. I wish I had better words to help you thru this. (((BIG HUGS))) to you and your family.