TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Is this true, about Barak Obama?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this true, about Barak Obama?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I received this in an email today.

Are these facts true?


Subject: Who's Who of American Muslims....



Who is Barack Obama?

1- U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama

2- Born in Honolulu , Hawaii ,
Father: Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel , Kenya ;
Mother: Ann Dunham, a white atheist from Wichita , Kansas .

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii . When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced.

Father: Returned to Kenya .
Mother: Married Lolo Soetoro, a radical Muslim from Indonesia .

3- When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia .

4- Obama attended a Muslim school in Jakarta . He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

5- Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He Is quick to point out
that,"He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

6- Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came
via his father, and that this influence was, temporary.
In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya Soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct
influence over His son's education.

7- Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam.

8- Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta . Wahabism is the radical teaching that is
followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedient to be a Christian when seeking Major public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background. Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's presidential candidacy. Please forward to everyone you know. The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level.
post #2 of 17
I don't know if it's true, but I find it sad that it would matter at all.
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-p View Post
I don't know if it's true, but I find it sad that it would matter at all.
I totally agree.
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-p View Post
... but I find it sad that it would matter at all.


and According to Snopes.com this junk e-mail is false:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
post #5 of 17
No, he did not go to a Wahabi school in Jakarta,
he went to a normal school, in fact at the time, it was one of the cheap public schools.

Since there is no free school there.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by marie-p View Post
I don't know if it's true, but I find it sad that it would matter at all.
It would only really matter if it was a Wahabi school.
post #7 of 17
Please read the snopes page. Some of the information is true and some isn't. The facts are well-known and investigated by journalists.

This is a good example of trying to frighten people by spreading misinformation.
post #8 of 17
This is just a version of a false email titled "The Enemy Within".

Any time you get something like this, you can verify if it's accurate or an urban legend by going to www.snopes.com.

Here is the link to this being false:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
post #9 of 17
Obama's religion would best be described as traditional Christian. The church he attends, in Chicago, is United Church of Christ in denomination, mostly African-American.

His father may have been Muslim by birth, but all evidence points to him not being particularly faithful (like Christians who go to church on Easter and Christmas).

And, as others have said, who cares?
post #10 of 17
There are certain people that the second I get emails from I go straight to snopes. I loves me some snopes.
post #11 of 17
This issue was laid to rest, back in JANUARY:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...t=barack+obama

Just a general hint: check facts and maybe do a thread search, before posting.
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e View Post
This issue was laid to rest, back in JANUARY:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...t=barack+obama

Just a general hint: check facts and maybe do a thread search, before posting.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141154 And we talked about it once before in a thread you (Cindy) started. Read my response to when you said "Osama- Obama What's the difference?"

Methinks you already knew the answer to the question in your title.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
There are certain people that the second I get emails from I go straight to snopes. I loves me some snopes.
I am one of those people
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141154 And we talked about it once before in a thread you (Cindy) started. Read my response to when you said "Osama- Obama What's the difference?"

Methinks you already knew the answer to the question in your title.

Methinks you are wrong or I would not have asked. I have never seen this email until yesterday.

To tell you the truth, I am not the most computer literate person in the world and don't even know how to use Snopes. I apologize for posting this thread, I will go elsewhere with questions like this in the future.
post #15 of 17
Who cares? Look at his political views rather then his religious background.
post #16 of 17
Often enough the things that our friends blindly forward to us is 96% false or garbage. Often times things are photo-edited (such as the guy standing on the one tower of the WTC with the plane in the background), crimes are non-existant, and myths are mythbusted.

Even if you receive an email with the information about the largest computer virus outbreak in history, "...worse than Melissa" are the key words (which from a desktop stand point, you really can't get much worse then the Melissa virus unless the virus tells the hard drive to crawl out your computer and take a flying leap out of the closest window).
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by eburgess View Post
Who cares? Look at his political views rather then his religious background.
I would usually agree with you unless something like this had been true and he was aligned with radical Muslims. He's not so it isn't an issue, but most RADICAL Muslims do not like America. It would definetly be a big red flag and something to consider if he might have those beliefs hidden away.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Is this true, about Barak Obama?