Dogs are truly more compassionate

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This set of pictures (no copyright claims) definitely shows animals have compassion also for their own kind. It is very shameful how the humans never even lifted a finger to help the dog but only took pictures with their cell phones.
It happened either in China or Taiwan.
Note to moderators: Please feel free to shrink pics if too targe.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's sad...both the image of the dog standing over its beloved friend, and of the humans just standing there and not doing anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

Maybe the dead dog got hit again, but why is it in two different positions/directions?
Probably his dog friend nudged him trying to wake him or something. It's actually a series of photos according to my source but he sent me only these four.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is so sad. Those poor dogs. I can't believe none of those people were at least trying to get them off the road.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness
What a poor sweet little dog.....

I was driving the other day and there was a dead squirrel on the road and a live one that wouldn't leave it's side. I almost started crying when I saw it. I had no idea squirrels were like that. All the cars had to drive around the squirrel because he just wouldn't move

charmsdad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh my goodness
What a poor sweet little dog.....

I was driving the other day and there was a dead squirrel on the road and a live one that wouldn't leave it's side. I almost started crying when I saw it. I had no idea squirrels were like that. All the cars had to drive around the squirrel because he just wouldn't move
Actually they're not. I've rehabbed a rather large number of squirrels over the years. They don't have the emotional capacity. I've got one that came in a year ago that is partially disabled. (No use of one back leg below the knee, apx. 20% use of the other. She can flick her tail but not control it or hold it upright.) She caught her tail in something or bit it (not uncommon in squirrels with no feeling in their tails) and it had to be amputated about half way down this past Monday. Because of her disability she's not releasable so the State Wildlife Commission gave the OK to keep her in "permanent rehab." She does seem to understand that I'm taking care of her and accepts a certain amount of handling, but their capacity to develop ongoing emotional attachments is simply not there. It's still very sad to see any animal hit along the road.

Dogs, on the other hand, are among the very, very few animals that will routinely take in a stray juvenile that is not a member of their family. (Elephants are another.) They develop very strong emotional bonds and their wild cousins (particularly wolves and African wild dogs) have been documented demonstrating what appears to be saddness at places where a member of their pack died even years later.

puppyluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh that is sooooooooo sad. I can't click into sad posts anymore. I hate seeing animals suffer. Humans? I really dont care sad to say but animals are innocent. GRRRRRRRRR people make me mad.

xyaykittiesx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bet someone had to have moved the dog, but they took pictures so everyone could see how adorable, yet sad the situation was.