Anyone watch Desperate Housewives? *spoilers*

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG just watched last nights episode! Holy dooley!!!!!!

Do you think Carlos is ok? What about Lynette's family? Surely they can't wipe out her entire family?

I'm going take a guess and say Carlos died and Lynette's family survived. Apparently they've filmed the second half of the episode but won't be showing it until the writers strike has ended - grrr!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't paying attention. I feel for Linette and I doubt they are all gone. The ending was shocking though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I wasn't paying attention. I feel for Linette and I doubt they are all gone. The ending was shocking though.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, your killing me..what happened!?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy dooley is right!!!! what a crazy episode! I'm thinking that because they said in the beginning "someone will loose their husband" that has to be Victor, cause he is dead
and as for the "someone will lose a friend" I'm thinking that might be in reference to the cat

Natalie, what basically happened is that a tornado hit Wisteria Lane and demolished the whole street, if you can, watch it on abc.com, there was ALOT of stuff going on. Lynette's family was hiding in Mrs Mcluskey's basement and Lynette and McCluskey ended up in Lynette's bathtub (kinda long story) with a mattress over them and when the tornado was over came out to see McCluskey's house flattened

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Episode recap from the website:

Gaby stuns her friends by telling them she's back together with Carlos -- and that they're leaving town to escape Victor, since he knows about their affair and is being released from the hospital tomorrow.

While they're saying their goodbyes, Karen McCluskey alerts them that a tornado is on its way. Lynette asks Karen if the seven Scavos can stay in her basement. and she reluctantly agrees.

Bree stops by to lend Susan some hurricane supplies and Susan says maybe it's time to tell Orson about Mike's addiction problem. Bree admits she'd already told Orson last week. Susan is upset, but doesn't let on why.

Susan confronts Orson, even though he's with a patient. She wants to know why he gave Mike the pills when he knew he had a drug problem. Orson claims he thought he was helping.

Mike finds a note from Susan that says "See me," instead of the pills in his secret stash. As they argue, he pulls at her arm, causing her to fall down the stairs. He rushes her to the hospital, insisting she be seen immediately since she's pregnant, but the staff is swamped and tells them they have to wait. Mike gets impatient and punches out a hospital staffer. Security is called and Mike is restrained until after Susan is examined and released. The baby's fine and she's only suffered a mild sprain. Mike apologizes and Susan tells him she talked to the doctor about a rehab facility. Mike swears he can kick this by himself but she firmly tells him no, he will go to rehab now or she will leave him. Mike gives in to her wishes.

Katherine is alarmed to see Sylvia, Adam's stalker, outside her house. They argue and Sylvia insinuates that Adam was happy to see her when she stopped by yesterday: Didn't Adam tell her? Katherine spits in Sylvia's face in full view of Bree, who invites Sylvia in for tea.

Sylvia tells Bree that Adam is in love with her, not Katherine. As proof they were lovers, she mentions Adam's snake tattoo on his shoulder. Bree tries to get her to leave and Sylvia barricades herself in the bathroom where Bree planned to ride out the tornado.

A neighborhood boy informs Edie that Gaby and Carlos are moving. While she's on Gaby's porch, a courier shows up with the paperwork for the Cayman Islands account that Carlos asked for. Mistaking her for Gabrielle, he hands Edie the papers, which gives her everything she needs to access the funds. Gabrielle sees Edie with the file and runs after her.

Adam apologizes for not warning Katherine that Sylvia had shown up again. Bree asks for Adam to come help lure Sylvia out of their bedroom. She refuses when she hears that Katherine is also there. While Adam tries to reason with her, Katherine assures Bree that what Sylvia said is a lie: There was no affair, only one kiss Adam gave her out of pity, which led to an accusation of sexual assault. Katherine wanted to fight the claim but Adam didn't want to lose his license. Bree says she would have spit in Sylvia's face too.

Lynette wants Karen to kick Ida's cat out of the basement because Tom is extremely allergic, but Karen takes Ida's side. Tom's having trouble breathing so Lynette smuggles the cat upstairs. Karen catches her and Lynette wants to know how she can choose a cat over Tom, especially after all their years of friendship. Karen insists they're not friends since Lynette never asks her over unless she wants something. The door blows open and the cat runs out, so Karen runs after him and Lynette tries to get her back inside. Karen only agrees when sees the ominous funnel cloud at the end of the street. They rush into the bathroom and hide in the tub under a mattress.

Gabrielle breaks a window to get into Edie's place so she can get the file back. Edie says she'll leave them be -- for 60 percent. Gabrielle tackles her and runs outside with the file. As they fight over it, the winds blow the papers out of their hands. Edie looks up in terror as the cyclone approaches and hustles Gabrielle back into the house. Gabrielle reluctantly agrees to hide in Edie's crawl space with her. She tells Edie she's sorry that Carlos and she lied to her. Edie says they're both going to get out of here okay and she's going to go on hating her for years to come. But then she admits she doesn't really hate Gabrielle, just that she fell hard for Carlos, which was stupid since she always knew that he'd go back to Gabrielle. They hear a huge bang and hug each other tight.

Sylvia still refuses to come out so Orson hustles them all into a closet. Trapped in the small room, Katherine and Bree blame each other for their predicament. Katherine apologizes, saying she's tense because of Sylvia. Bree commiserates, relating Sylvia's "insane" ramblings, including the detail about Adam's snake tattoo. Katherine says that Adam used to have such a tattoo, but he had it removed. Katherine coldly asks Adam if that's why they settled the lawsuit and lost everything. Adam tries to explain, but she won't let him. Bree reaches out and squeezes her hand in sympathy.

Carlos rushes to Gaby's house and finds Victor sitting in the living room with a gun. He tells him they're going to wait for Gaby, together. Carlos tries to convince him that he and Gaby hadn't planned to get back together and never meant to hurt him. Victor's response is to start shooting. Carlos runs outside and Victor follows, gun in hand. They struggle for the gun and it falls into the street -- where an airborne car falls on it. Stray objects fly through the air as the two men fight. Carlos knocks Victor out and is trying to get inside the nearest building when Victor comes after him with a lead pipe. Suddenly Victor stops short -- he's been impaled by a flying fence post!

Sylvia finally emerges from the bathroom, giving Adam one last chance to come with her. When he doesn't answer, she opens the front door and promptly gets sucked up by the tornado.

Finally all is quiet on Wisteria Lane. Bree is shocked to find her house has been badly damaged, but Lynette screams in horror when she sees that hers has been completely destroyed.

Edit: That last paragraph - Lynette screams because the house destroyed is Mrs McCluskey's - ie. where her family is hiding out in the basement. There's just a huge pile of debris.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

holy dooley is right!!!! what a crazy episode! I'm thinking that because they said in the beginning "someone will loose their husband" that has to be Victor, cause he is dead
and as for the "someone will lose a friend" I'm thinking that might be in reference to the cat
The husband is definitely Victor. They said EVERYONE will lose a friend. So it's either Carlos, or someone in Lynette's family. Everyone else is accounted for aren't they?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Finally all is quiet on Wisteria Lane. Bree is shocked to find her house has been badly damaged, but Lynette screams in horror when she sees that hers has been completely destroyed.
it wasn't actually Lynette's house, it was McCluskey's

The husband is definitely Victor. They said EVERYONE will lose a friend. So it's either Carlos, or someone in Lynette's family. Everyone else is accounted for aren't they?
Hmmmm, I didn't remember them saying everyone
I hope it's not Carlos!!!! the only thing I can think of is that they might be combining the husband and friend and mean Tom

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope it's not Carlos!!!! the only thing I can think of is that they might be combining the husband and friend and mean Tom
Really? Cause ABC's recap says Lynette's house was destroyed.

Now I really have to watch this again.
I wonder if the "friend" isn't someone who is dead but friendships are.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But I do recall them saying "everyone" will loose a friend

I hope Carlos isn't dead
Maybe just Victor, and the cat?

I really don't think they'll wipe out Lynettes' whole family, maybe her husband? He was having breathing problems from the cat allergy, maybe he died too- he was everyones friend, right?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah I just reread that last paragraph from the synopsis and edited my post.

I just watched the beginning again, and they definitely say "and all of them will lose a friend". So it wouldn't be Tom or the kids, otherwise they wouldn't have said they'd lose a friend.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Really? Cause ABC's recap says Lynette's house was destroyed.

Now I really have to watch this again.
I wonder if the "friend" isn't someone who is dead but friendships are.
yeah, it was definitely not Lynette's, it was McCluskey's, Lynette and McCluskey were in Lynette's house

That's a good point, Michele, it could also mean what was going on with Susan and Orson and Bree with Mike's drugs

Yeah I just reread that last paragraph from the synopsis and edited my post.

I just watched the beginning again, and they definitely say "and all of them will lose a friend". So it wouldn't be Tom or the kids, otherwise they wouldn't have said they'd lose a friend.
well, if you use that logic, if Tom isn't everyone's friend, than Carlos really isn't either.... maybe they were referring to Gabby leaving?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

well, if you use that logic, if Tom isn't everyone's friend, than Carlos really isn't either.... maybe they were referring to Gabby leaving?
Ooooo... good point!

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But Gabby won't be leaving now that Victor is dead......

I HOPE Carlos is ok!!

I agree that it is McClusky's house that was leveled.

It WAS CRAZY wasn't it?!!

Are they all going to rebuild on Wisteria Lane?

What will the new homes look like?

Gabby will be rich because of Victor's money now so if they can't find the Foreign bank acct.

I can hardly wait to see the next one!!!!
The writers better settle this crap and get on with it!
Surely they will before Christmas, right??

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well, I just meant that if it was Tom, they'd say 2 of them would lose a husband or something. And if any of the kids died, I can't imagine any of them would say they'd lose a friend.

And I can't imagine Gabby would leave now that Victor is dead. Carlos would fit the "all of them would lose a friend" category. I also heard a rumour that someone will be paralysed. Oooooh unless Victor is alive and paralysed and Tom dies, and therefore Gabby still leaves.

So many options!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sad that Toby the cat got lost in the tornado.
So if everyone that could be dead ARE dead, that would make that episode's deathtoll 10 including the cat. :O

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother thinks it's the old lady with the cat that died.
What do you think?