Show Brags!! Oscar Granded!!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Finally!:

Oscar has granded

At his last show, he started nipping the judges. With one point to go, his breeder and I planned on getting him granded by bringing in a 13 year old premier, Poppy, to give him that one point. Well, it looks like that wasn't needed, because in his first ring of the show, and last ring of his career, he took a final in Donna Jean Thompson's ring!

And then Poppy took a final later on in the show too!

Bailey took two finals, and now has reached my goal of being the 3rd best Egyptian Mau premier!! (1 and 2 are miles out of his league,
)

Finally, Niles made three finals, including a 4th best allbreed kitten! I could have cried, I was so proud of him

We'll be celebrating all of this year's Turkish Van grands at Finickey Felines in Leesport on the 29th.

beach bum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FerrisCat

Finally!:

Oscar has granded

At his last show, he started nipping the judges. ....

We'll be celebrating all of this year's Turkish Van grands at Finickey Felines in Leesport on the 29th.
Samwise and Molly, a couple of GCs themselves, who appreciate the work involved for Oscar, send their heartfelt congratulations. Well Done!

Does not encourage success, Oscar, nipping the judges, but Samwise can sure sympathize with you. He says that sometimes we cats get awfully fed up with judging rings -- picked up, poked, ruffled and cooed over by a series of strangers, while Mom and Dad sit there holding their breath.

At his last show when Samwise got his GP to add to his GC he told Ann he did not want to go into any more rings, and when she said otherwise, he responded that he had been promised that he could retire when he got his GC, but his people fibbed and took him on to get his GP. To prove his point, while riding on Ann's shoulder enroute the ring he bit her ear so that she bled all over the place, and a spectator vet had to bandage her. Samwise was so sorry about what he did that when Jim carried him on to the ring he got his last points needed for his GP, and he was finally allowed to retire to his Texas beach.

Molly, a half-sister of Samwise, never cared for cat shows at all, and she proved it. It took 12 shows for her to grand (for Samwise it was only 3). She had to keep trying, though, since she was her and Samwise's Dad's last young'un on the show circuit, and when she granded their Dad became a DM. It was tough for her, but she finally made it in honor of ol' Dad, "Lord-of-the-Rings," a classically lovely Turkish Van.

Say, Ferris, how about a photo of Oscar? And if they show the cats at Leesport do you think you could post some photos of those lovely guys and gals?

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!
Don't worry Oscar, when I was a little girl, I used to bite the doctors when they tried to give me shots - I can relate to annoying habits of annoying people!
They deserve what they get!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok pass some of the Grand cake over here! Congrats to you and everyone on a job well done. Give me some of the show grand vibes for Charlie's show end of this month

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Oscar! And Way To Go to the other cats making finals!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beach Bum

At his last show when Samwise got his GP to add to his GC he told Ann he did not want to go into any more rings, and when she said otherwise, he responded that he had been promised that he could retire when he got his GC, but his people fibbed and took him on to get his GP. To prove his point, while riding on Ann's shoulder enroute the ring he bit her ear so that she bled all over the place, and a spectator vet had to bandage her. Samwise was so sorry about what he did that when Jim carried him on to the ring he got his last points needed for his GP, and he was finally allowed to retire to his Texas beach.
Poor Samwise, he never could have known that there can always be more shows after one leaves the championship class, but what story! Vans sure know how to communicate their displeasure. . . and make amends
Isn't Lord-Of-The Rings the second only male DM Turkish Van? I think I've seen some pics of him, but I can't seem to find them anymore. What good babies Samwise and Molly are, getting such a title for their dad!

Here is a pic of Oscar (Desert Jewel Double Trouble that I've posted here before. Larry Johnson took his pictures about two weeks ago. I'll post some of those once I have them in hand.

Here is Oscar's brother, Otto (Desert Jewel Dante's Inpurrno) with CFA judge Tracy Petty.

And this is my favorite of Otto's professional pics

I'm pretty sure at least two Vans will be at the show, though possibly more. We had quite a few at the show over the weekend, around 6 entered and a few more kittens for exhibition. I'll be sure to bring my camera for pictures. I'm usually terrible about remembering, but it will be fun to see how many vans are in attendance.

beach bum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a handsome fellow Oscar is. He is certainly deserving of his GC.

A glance at your photo of Otto being judged and one sees why Oscar nipped a judge and Samwise bit Ann's ear.

We can't say for sure whether or not Lord-of-the-Rings is only the 2nd male TV DM. I'm afraid we lost touch with him some years ago. With a tear in their eyes Samwise and Molly must report that their marvelous Dad, GC, DM Wishnwhiskers Lord-of-the-Rings (AKA "Fred"), has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, but they know that on the other side he is just as beautiful and frolicsome as ever, and they know they will be with him again some day. They asked me to send you this photo of their young Dad. Attachment 12763

All of their Dad's kittens were named after characters in JRR Tolkien's great, timeless, story, later an Oscar-winning movie. ("Oscar," got that?) Samwise's full name is GC, GP Caravanserai Samwise. Molly's full name is GC Aledo Galadriel of Caravanserai. Samwise, of course, was the courageous little Hobbit who protected Frodo throughout his many dangerous adventures, and Galadriel was the lovely good white fairy who was always up there looking after them. In the movie Galadriel was portrayed by Cate Blanchett. Jim says that Molly is lovely, but Cate Blanchett...Wow!

I'm sure you noticed that in our siggy you will find links to photos of Samwise and Molly, by Helmi and Andreas, respectively, which our furbabies hope you will show to Oscar and your other sweet little ones.

Samwise and Molly are having a rough time of it right now. We are trying to adjust them to a new "LitterRobot," and it is not easy. Molly appears to be making progress, but big old macho male Samwise is scared to death of the robot. But we are going to keep working on it.

Do keep in touch, FerrisCat. We don't see the magic words "Turkish Van" all that often here on the CatSite, and time really doesn't permit us to go through each post with care, so we search for the magic words now and then, and step in to say "Hello from a Texas beach" when the words show up.

All the best from all of us to all of yours, and may you all have a most happy holiday season.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh WELL DONE!!!!!

I know all about nipping judges and bad attitudes is show rings - My Bulan was not dubbed "The Witch" (actually, it's another word spelt with a "B"
) for nothing!

I also know about taking forever to Grand a cat - even worse over here since we have so few shows...

It appears the TCS show peeps are having a very good season!